** ELEVEN **

"There’s nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy, or more exasperated, or more secure.” – Jim Butcher

******

              KHALID AND Jesse went to the game room to play from the new play station that was recently gotten for them. They had just finished having supper and they still wanted to continue with the game since they can have the game room without Jaime trying to ruin the fun. It was the few times that they could play without Jaime.

He had spent most of his time at Jared's after school and he doesn't seem interested in playing game that day as he seem to be taking his time in the library and Jedekaih had never for once be a fan of game.

They had set the game to be played and they took their position beside each other on the fur rug at the center of the room, each with his pad in hands. The game was about to begin when Lola appeared in the room.

They both turned to face her direction, wondering what she had come to say. Khalid knew she wasn't there to send them to their room because they told her before having dinner that they will be returning to the game room to continue their games and she wasn't against it.

"Hey boys," She said with a small smile which they returned.

"Hi mom, do you have anything for us?" Jesse asked, staring at her. And Khalid also looked on with expectant eyes.

"Not really." She answered, walking fully into the room. She glanced at the large television screen where the game they were about to play was connected.

"Is something wrong mom?" Khalid asked, still watching her intently with his heterochromic eyes. He noticed she was a bit unease.

She had been that way for a few days. She had been too calm also. She rarely get mad at whatever he did that wasn't right. She seem to be cautious around him, treating him like some fragile thing.

And the stare she was giving them. Actually him to be precise, was a bit disturbing to him.

Lola bit the inside of her cheek and then shifted from one leg to the other. What she was about to say concerns Khalid rather than Jesse. And she knew he won't like it. But she still needed to tell him. She have been thinking of a way to tell him since the conversation she had with her husband almost a week ago.

"Khal, I need to tell you something." She said, wrapping her arms around herself like she was cold. But she wasn't. She was just bracing herself for what she was about to say.

Jesse looked between her and his best friend. He could sense something was wrong. So, he asked. "Mom, is something wrong?"

She pulled her bottom lip between her teeth before releasing it. "Not really Jesse. But I want to tell Khalid while you are here with him." She was looking at Khalid.

Khalid chuckled nervously. "You're making me anxious mom. What is it? Go ahead and say it." His voice was encouraging. But he was dying with curiosity inside him.

Lola sighed and nodded. Then she spoke. "I got a call from your dad." The boys brows was raised in question with the expression 'and'. So she completed the statement being careful with her words. "And he told me that your father will be coming back in few days time." She was looking at Khalid as she said the last statement.

The concern on his face turned into an expressionless one. His face suddenly grew quite pale and he turned away, looking down at the game pad in his hand.

Jesse followed his action and his face also fell. Although, he don't know why that statement ruined his mood but he was certain about one thing and that was it wasn't a good news to his best friend.