Chapter 11: Dance of Sacred Ice

"Why does a flower like you hold a sword?"

The demon vanished once more, and the air fell into silence around Fuyuko despite the distance clashing of swords from the Hashiras that are fighting the clones of the Demon.

'Why does a flower like you hold a sword?'

The demon's question echoed in Fuyuko's head like a drum, she felt the need to answer it and so she did.

"Some flowers have thorns." Fuyuko calmly spoke, loud enough to let the demon hear her. "And I am one those flowers."

She then felt rumbling beneath and with just a tick of a second, the demon emerged from below her. All of its claws are lunged towards here like a pit of sharp knives, and she have no choice but to shield herself with her nichirin sword to preserve her life.

But the strength that the demon applied to his sudden assault sent Fuyuko high above the sky like a rising star because of the impact. However, she didn't resist and let her body fly to the dark sky of the night.

She had to admit, that the demon's attack is strong, that it even sent her gliding upward. But the fact that she was able to block such brute force without breaking her sword was the only evidence she needed to know that this demon is not strong enough to end her reign.

Meanwhile, not only the Demon was surprise but the Hashira's as well and the sense of horror are also evident at their worried eyes to see her got flung to the evening horizon, high enough for someone to die on a fall.

As much as the Hashira's want to save here, the demon's clones are everywhere and they also need to protect the shrine maidens along with their priestess. Moreover, the clones keep on multiplying if they are cut. They keep on regenerating and have never once decreased in number.

They have to decapitate the real body first to be able to moved forward but how could they do that if hundreds of clones hindered their way. They also couldn't go all out, since there are civilians in the area.

"This ends now, little bride!" The Demon shouted, eager to end their battle and claim his victory.

Rushing everything, he stomped one foot to the damaged ground and launched himself towards Fuyuko with speed, aiming all of his sharp long nails to the girl's figure. Due to his ignorance and over-confidence, his fate is already sealed to his inevitable demise.

Fuyuko locked her azure eyes on the demon's large form, taking all wide openings that she must remember to strike. With her blade drawn in front and her hand firm against her sword's hilt. She channeled all her strength to her weapon and let her body fall towards her foe as the gravity pulled her like a magnet.

"Ice Breathing, Tenth Form: Dance of Sacred Ice." Fuyuko whispered, as she breath out cold smoke.

The Demon knew she will try to strike so before her sword could reach him, he immediately teleported behind her, and slashed his claws. However, he only caught the wind, when his arm was suddenly cut with a beam of frost.

Fuyuko moved as free and swift as the breeze with her sword swayed in her hand like a ruthless hurricane of snow. Her blade is cold as the coldest ice, and freezes the demon's wounds, slowing its regeneration.

She delivered a dozen blow to the Demon's vital parts, cutting its arms and legs to pieces with the ribbons of frost tailing her blade as she moved gracefully like a dancing snowflake in a starry evening, with the moon's spotlight. Then finally, no more claws to block her way and she will now cut the Demon's head.

"May you find your place in hell..." Fuyuko bid her farewell.

The demon watched in horror to see her slash her sword horizontally, aiming for his neck. And like a dancing ice-flower, she fluently motioned her hand with the extend of her sword and let the veil of frost adorn the air as the demon's head fell out of place.