Chapter 4: New Mission

"I see..." Fuyuko stated as she removed her sword from the boy's neck.

Tanjiro then breath a sigh of relief, he felt lucky that the mysterious woman understood her situation and believe him. He then turned towards her, while she returned her sword to its respected sheath before turning her gaze to Nezuko, who is also being watched by Zenitsu with flowers everywhere.

"Why?" Tanjiro asked.

"Let's just say, I am curious to see what will happen next." Fuyuko replied. "Your sister's case is truly rare and it would be a waste to dispose of her. Even now, humans are still ignorant about demons so I chose to believe and see what does the future holds with you and your sister's existence."

Tanjiro was surprised by her reply and he quickly bowed while saying his thanks to express his gratitude.

"But I suggest you'll keep your sister's existence a secret." Fuyuko advised, "If the upper official knew who are you accompanying with, I cannot assure you that they will make the same judgement as I."

"I'll keep it in mind." Tanjiro nodded, and straightened his back.

"Nezuko-chan!" Tanjiro heard Zenitsu call.

Tanjiro then shifted his gaze towards his sister, and saw her running as Zenitsu proceeded to chase her.

"Nezuko-chan!"

"Nezuko-chan!"

Tanjiro had enough and hurriedly block Zenitsu from going near his sister.

"Tan... ji... ro!" Zenitsu dreamily said, smile as wide as an upside-down rainbow.

He then took a hold of both Tanjiro's hands, making the red head boy surprise. Zenitsu's weird behavior continued to spiral out of control as he chased the frightened Kamado siblings into a round in round loop, like some children playing tag.

The scene itself made Fuyuko want to laugh. She had never seen such funny moments in her life. Then Nezuko suddenly hid behind her, she followed her with her azure gaze as the cute demon grasp her yukata and peeked through her side with a worried expression.

"Okami-sama! Nezuko-chan!" Zenitsu's honey laced voice perked Fuyuko's ears.

She then shifted her view towards the owner to see him slowly running towards them with open arms and flowers in a dreamy-like state. Thinking of what course of action that she will approach this situation, she decided to just smack the boy's head with her katana to send him off to sleep.

However, before the blond boy could reach both girls, the boar loudly slammed the door open, roared with puff of smokes coming out of his mask, and suddenly headbutted Tanjiro in the back, sending electric shock all over his body.

"Wh-what was that for?" Tanjiro asked holding his back as he kneeled on the floor.

Inosuke only laughed in reply, making the two boys flinched. And within second they are back to running round and round in circles, as the boar chase the poor red headed boy with the blond following behind them while waving his arms like a damn bird.

Now, the scene of children playing the game of tag looks more chaotic than before. Fuyuko laughed hard internally and can't help but let a small smile form on her pink lips as she watched the fun event unravel before her.

She then felt Nezuko's eyes on her and she gaze back at the girl while still wearing her smile and she patted the cute demon's head. Nezuko leaned on her touch, and her smile became wider.

After three days of resting in the mansion, Fuyuko finally restored all her strength and washed off the fatigue she accumulated during her restless hunting. She had no severe injuries and all of her minor wounds had already healed, developing into a scar that is hidden underneath her clothes.

When the doctor had declared that she is physically fine and healthy, she instantly decided to continue her missions. Now here she is, standing on the large front gate of the manor while looking at the group of people who came to see her off.

"Be careful and take good care of yourself, Fuyuko-san." Tanjiro politely bade his farewell.

"Okami-sama! Don't go!" struggling under Tanjiro's grasp is the crying blond boy, desperately throwing his hands to grabbed onto Fuyuko. "Don't leave me here! Save me!"

"Hey, snow face! Fight me before you go!" the boar wildly roared, his dual swords in hand.

"May you'll be safe in your journey, dear." The old lady blessed. "Save those in need of your protection and live your life with honor."

"Thank you, obaasan." Fuyuko then shifted her gaze to the boys. "Thank you, everyone. I hope to meet you all again someday."

Her voice holds no emotion but they were genuine and kind. She truly wished to see this loud bunch again and hope that they would remain the same, the same lively and funny children that made her smile in the funniest night of her life and accompany her during the days she stayed.

She grew fond of them, specially, the cute demon, Nezuko. She closely eyed her every behavior and actions but she never sensed any bloodlust towards the certain girl. She even tried and offer the cute demon her own blood but the girl unexpectedly declined, shocking her. Nezuko bade her farewell earlier and she can't help but pat the girl.

Fuyuko then turned with her heels and started to walk away as Tanjiro waved goodbye, Zenitsu begging to come with her, and the boar yelling at her to fight him but through all the commotion Fuyuko didn't look back.

As Fuyuko walked down in an unfamiliar road, she suddenly heard a familiar flock of wings followed by the loud caws of a certain black bird. A single dark feather fell on her shoulder as she halted and raised her arm to the level of her chest, to let Inei land.

"Kazahana Fuyuko! Kazahana Fuyuko!" the crow repeatedly called.

"What is it, Inei?" Fuyuko asked.

"New mission! New mission!" Inei replied. "Continue on this road! Continue on this road!"

"Head to town where brides gone missing! Brides gone missing!" Inei finishes, then flew away to guide Fuyuko.

Fuyuko just nodded and continued on her journey, where her destination lies her new mission. And after days of travel, she finally reached a big town. It is not as populated as the city of Tokyo but there sure are lots of people buzzing in the street.

Fuyuko then booked a room in an inn to give herself a place to stay. She then changed into a velvety cobalt blue kimono garnished with white floral designs and paired it with a beautiful red obi. As a finishing touch, she hid her nichirin sword in her back and cover it with her haori.

Fuyuko did all of this to not let the demon know her presence as a slayer so the creature could rest easy thinking that they can get wild without caution, and that will eventually blow their cover. When it does, that's when Fuyuko strike.

Fuyuko then stroll the busy street, eyeing every person she encountered while trying to sense the demon's presence but this demon is good at masking its presence. With this ability, Fuyuko expect the demon to be strong and if that's the case, she will surely have fun purging its existence.