A Normal Day

"-the wedding cake."

"Hmm.." With Cale's occasional short responses, Hans continued to explain in detail the wedding preparations. Cale didn't need to know but when did that ever stop anyone from explaining. He was too tired to stop Hans.

Cale had planned to visit his hyung-nim however with the current state of affairs, he could only delay it. 'The Southern continent's northern kingdoms' envoy was visiting today. Maybe he should go? No, he was sure Alberu would take care of it. But maybe he should go. He was better at sca- making beneficial deals.'

Cale sighed. 'Whatever. His hyung-nim would send for him if he needed help.'

"Hans. Where are the children?" He could understand the lack of Ron's presence however the children would not leave the villa without informing him. He could not hear their lively laughter. Hans nervously smiled, avoiding Cale's eyes.

"They are gone with Sir Ron......to choose cake?" Cale frowned.

"Didn't they choose the cake yesterday?" Cale didn't attend any weddings in this world but how many cakes did a wedding need? Though, if they were with Ron, he didn't need to worry. "Gi-"

"Cale-nim!" Cale placed one hand on his heart, the other grabbing the chair. He frowned at Choi Han. The sword master realized he almost gave his liege a heart attack, bowed his head in apology. Cale rubbed his temples. He had this ominous feeling.

"Cho Han."

"Cale-nim. I. am. Here. to. Guard. You."

Cale wanted to bang his head for a different reason. Roan Empire's youngest sword master had no skills in acting. At all. There was no hope for Choi Han but regardless Cale nodded. He planned to eat and roll around all day.

"Let's water the sugarcanes." Cale stretched his arms and legs (threatened to do so by Ron) before making his way to their designated farming ground. He planned to keep the farm small but could not refuse the children's sparkling eyes.

So far they had planted sugarcanes, radishes (Cale was not particularly fond of them), lemons (he did not dare refuse Ron's begin smile), and Romberries (which did not exist on earth but grew in every season and condition, plus they were sweet). They, for reasons beyond Cale, had a stable with four horses. One of which was gifted to him by hyung-nim. Cale enjoyed teleporting using mana however he could not refuse the gift. He had ridden it a total of three times. Perhaps he should go for a ride today. He could visit Harris village along the way.

Cale hummed, planning his day.

Choi Han watched him like a hawk. Compared to last night, his liege seemed happier and more at peace. Choi Han questioned if perhaps he had over reacted.

"Hmm looks like the rain watered everything for us." Cale was happy. Less work for him and more time to rest. Cale continued to the stables, completely unaware of Choi Han's expression.

Choi Han, concluded he had been right. Why else would Cale-nim insist on returning to the villa first thing in the morning? How could Cale-nim come to water the plants when he was completely aware of how much it rained yesterday?

Of course Choi Han misunderstood. Cale wanted to return first thing because he did not want to deal with any more paperwork his father or hyung-nim might throw at him. It was also more comfortable sleeping on his bed in the villa. He didn't have to worry about anything and could wake up as late as he preferred. As for the rain, Cale was no expert in farming. He read books of course however it was still too soon for him to know how much rain water equaled no need to water the plants. He could not half-ass farming.

He had a good night's sleep for the first time in a while. That particular record was a pleasant one. Moreover, Cale had long stopped grieving. He was content with his family. Yes, there was a place in his heart just for Min Jae Hyun. A place that would forever remain empty but there was a place for his family which had slowly and steadily made him feel not as broken.

Now that he thought of it, Min Jae Hyun had found his way into his heart in a similar way. Kim Rok Soo was eighteen when he met the seventeen year old Min Jae Hyun. There were no monsters and the world was normal. Cale laughed at the memory.

Kim Rok Soo was more bone than muscle. He was working two jobs at that time; cashier at a gas station and server at a restaurant. He was saving money for university. Min Jae Hyun was still in his last year of high school when he started working as a server at the same restaurant.

Min Jae Hyun was the same height as Kim Ro Soo however had far more muscle. Jae Hyun was charming. That was all. He was a terrible serve hence getting fired a month later. There was not one day, he had not tried to hit on Kim Rok Soo and occasionally earned a smack on the head.

He had never understood what Jae Hyun saw in a skinny, good for nothing Kim Rok Soo. He had thought maybe it was just to get help with his homework.

When they met at the company, Kim Rok Soo had gained more muscle. As for Jae Hyun, he had grown a few centimeters more, gained a bit more muscle, lost the innocent spark in his eyes but was still the same punk he met at eighteen.

"~Rok Soo ah ~"

"...."

"~Hyung-nim~"

"..."

"~Opp-"

"Did you get the balanced equation?" Kim Rok Soo kept his eyes on his novel. The library was one place he could relax in peace. Usually. Min Jae Hyun pulled down his book. Rok Soo frowned at his stupid grin.

"Our chemi-" Kim Rok Soo smacked his head lightly with the same novel.

"Didn't you come here to study?"

"Yah. to study you," Jae Hyun winked at him. Kim Rok Soo rolled his eyes. "Your handsome face-"

"Is this what you call flirting? Have you ever done this before?"

"You mean following handsome hyungs around or balancing equations?" Kim Rok Soo sighed, choosing to read his novel instead. He wasn't particularly interested in it but was too lazy to find another one.

Kim Rok Soo didn't have record back then but his memory was always better than most. Cale jumped onto the black horse, Strom, named by the children averaging ten. Choi Han joined him on a brown horse, also named by the children averaging ten, Bob.

"Cale-nim...... do you miss Korea?" Choi Han wanted to say Min Jae Hyun but could not bring himself.

Cale patted Choi Han's back. He was sure the teenager missed his home in Korea at times. Cale did not have much to return to but Choi Han had left behind his family. There must be times he missed them dearly. Weddings usually brought back memories.

"Someti-"

"Human!" Raon circled around Cale. "The Crown prince is here! He made you prime minister!"

Cale's mind was working at the speed of light, freezing at the last sentence. "Hyung-nim......"

Did Alberu 'accidentally' sign the proposal to make him prime minister again?

A/N:

Thank You for reading and sorry for the late update. Hope everyone's week goes well. Stay safe and see you next time :)