01

At a rainy night, the thunder striked making a shiver run down through my spine

The clock hit two in the midnight and yet there were no trace of my parents.

No calls, messages, nothing.

Worry started crawling to the back of my mind, this never happened. Not even a single call or message that they are going to come late, nor, the bodyguards seemed to pick up the calls.

The more time passed, my suspicion grew on 'him'.

Every effort I took to calm myself down was resulting into more sweat beads on my forehead, the tightening knot in my stomach seemed to tighten more.

I wanted a proof that my mom & dad are safe. I needed to do something.

The keys of my bike sat on the side table of my bed. Without wasting a moment, I took the keys and straight went towards my bike, but one of our bodyguards came in the meantime.

"Shardul" he let out my name and I looked at him eagerly, I needed to know where are my parents and I hoped he had some news.

He opened his mouth but closed soon and shook his head, looking away from me.

"Damn it. Tell me" I worriedly ran my hand through my hair.

"Shardul" the bodyguard repeated, "----they are no more"

Just as the words left his mouth, I held him by his collar and pushed him to the wall and digged my key in his neck "Do you have any fucking idea what are you saying? Huh?" I said in a very distant, cold tone. The blood seemed to drip from his neck but he just stared at me with a blank face, waiting for him to talk.

"My parents pay you, how can you say this to them" There's no way this could be true. No fucking way.

"Shardul. I am not lying" I looked straight in his eyes. I so wanted it to be a lie, but all I could see in his eyes was genuineness and the truth.

I let him go from my grip and removed my digged key from his neck, he hissed a little but, he didn't seemed to mind it, glancing at me for the last time he walked away, giving me my own space.

Numb. That's what I felt right now, I didn't know what I shall do, how shall I be feeling right now or whom should I go to now.

I just felt numb.

I felt myself sit on the floor and eventually bought my knees to my chest and started rocking myself back and forth. As I felt myself rocking back and forth, I could feel myself at the rock bottom, feeling all the grief and sorrow.