011

Iseul doesn't linger around for too long.

The whole time, it was as if she was finding for the right opportunity to escape.

Like a mouse hiding behind a cabinet waiting for the cat to look away.

So while you and Jungkook were in the middle of eating, she slipped past the door and left without saying a word.

Their brother and sister relationship is rather unique.

As far as you can see.

Four hours eventually goes by and it was now time for you to leave.

The side of your head is throbbing though. You think you might be coming up with a migraine. You stick a mental note to take some headache relievers the second you reach home.

Jungkook sets the excess paper aside and gets up on his feet. He wipes away invisible dusts from his shirt and looks around the room as he says.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow. And after school, let's head to the library."

"So that you can get me in trouble again?" You raise an eyebrow, throwing your backpack behind you. Jungkook scrunches his nose.

"That was a one time thing. How was I supposed to know you hated frogs?"

Is his weak excuse of a reason. You roll your eyes to the side and he leads you to the door. "But are you sure you don't want me to drive you home? It's dangerous."

"Yes I'm sure. And besides. It's not like it's dark or anything." Behind you, a bloom of orange and yellow decorated the sky. Jungkook gazes into your eyes and gets lost in thought.

"This won't do. Just wait here. I'll go grab my keys."

"Hey-"

He turns his back on your before you can say anything else.

You don't want to imagine what his reaction will be like if he goes there. Father might be drunk. He might be waiting outside the door, ready to drag you inside with force.

That's a sight you don't want him to see.

Ever.

So you do the only thing to avoid it. Walk away.

Without looking back, you walk past the large gate and familiarly glide down the path.

Exactly thirty seconds after you've reached the open, a text message comes in.

Kookie :

Where the hell are you? I thought I told you to stay put.

You :
Has anyone ever told you, you walk like a snail? I thought I was gonna rot waiting for you.

Kookie :
Where r y?
U*

You :
Bus station. Waiting for a bus.

Kookie :
Geez. Dat fast? Anyways. be careful. If anything happens, call me.

You :
Yeah right. As if anything could happen to me.

Thirty minutes goes by and the familiar structure of your house comes to view. You nibble the bottom of your lip, debating to go in or not.

The lights are on. Meaning dad's still awake. Probably had his 'friends' over as well.

For sure if you show up, things won't end well. You were already standing in front of your house when the option of heading to the park crosses your mind.

You'll be okay if dad's asleep.

With that thought it mind, you turn around and walk towards the direction of the park.

The books' your carrying acts as a reminder of how cruel the world really is.

If you're not willing to carry a burden, you'll drop cold to the ground.