15 | fifteen

Melionë Brewer

It's been four days since my birthday. Ever since my father showed up, things haven't been all that great. I've been sleeping with my mom at night because of how scared I am. Dimitri seems irritated, my mom was nervous, but she pretends like she's okay. Isaiah and my friends are very sympathetic towards me, though. And Ace.....I haven't talked to him since my birthday.

It's not like he hasn't texted or called me or anything. I just know he doesn't belong to me. Even though he's my soulmate- I've been.....avoiding him. It's not that I'm upset I got him. It's just.......very complicated. I should stop thinking about my depressing week. When I got home today, the energy felt more negative than the past week.

"Hi, honey," My mom gave me a small smile.

I smiled back at her.

"Come sit," She patted the spot on the couch next to her. "We have to talk to you." I dropped my bag next to the couch and sat next to my mom.

Her voice sounded sad but angry at the same time. It made me feel a little uneasy. I glanced over at Dimitri, who was taking his shoes off, and all he did was smile wearily at me.

"Honey, you know how much we love you, right?" My mom smiled.

That was a weird question...... I nodded.

"W-We decided that....." Her voice faltered a bit. "That you should stay at a dorm in your school next school year." She said quickly.

"What? Why?" I signed.

"Because your dad knows you live here, now. A-And we want you to be safe, s-sadly that means not here," She sniffed.

"What makes you think he doesn't know where my school is?" I signed.

"It's less likely for him to come to your school where loads of people are than here where it's only your mom and me," Dimitri chimed in.

"What about the two months of summer? We're going to be here, so how will you stop him then?" I signed.

"We're going away for the whole summer," Dimitri smiled. "To the cottage."

I shook my head. "Well, what if I get scared? I can't be away from you for that long. I don't know what type of food they make there. What if I don't like it? What-" I signed, letting tears fall down my face.

"H-Hey, Isaiah will be there," My mom bit her lip. "I already talked to Ashlyn, and she said you could stay with Selene. You can call me whenever you want. And the food can't be that bad."

I shook my head.

"Kiddo-" Dimitri sighed.

I ran up to my bedroom and fell onto my bed. How could they send me away after my father came and made me feel like I was a helpless little girl again? It's not fair. I know they're doing it out of love, but I just want to stay home. I cried into my pillow.

It is around dinner time now, so my mom will probably come up and tell me dinner it's done. She's probably upset because I stormed off to my room. I don't have arguments with my mom, so it makes us both pretty upset when it does happen.

"Hi, honey," My mom said quietly, opening the door to my room.

I looked over at her but didn't say anything.

"Dinner is done," She bit her lip. "It's the frozen pizza that was in the freezer."

"I'm not hungry," I signed.

"O-Ok," She looked like she was about to cry. "Let me know if you need anything."

"Mom," I signed.

"Yes?" She muttered.