25~ Surprise

"Down set hut" I called and pretended like someone hiked it to me. I ran with the ball right at Will.

"You'll never get me, Erickson" I taunted.

"That's what you think, Barnes" he smirked at me.

I tried to juke him out and failed as he tackled me. We were both laughing as he laid basically on top of me. We both sobered up and looked each other in the eyes. His amber eyes mesmerized me.

He leaned in to kiss me and our lips met. He pulled away. "We can't" he sat up and turned his head away from me.

"What's wrong?" I sat up too and looked at Will.

"You're my best friend's little sister..."

I looked at him in shock. "That's all you think of me as. The annoying little sister of your best friends. Here I am thinking that I'm your friend and maybe something more. Well I guess not." I yelled and walked away in anger.

"Cora! That's not what I meant!" He followed me. He grabbed my wrist as I was in the middle of the street. "You didn't let me finish"

I stayed silent, letting him finish whatever he was about to say.

"Cora, you are my best friend's little sister and because of that I can't just kiss you when we're not dating. I don't want to lead you on and keep kissing you without committing to you. You deserve better than that. I owe you and your brothers that. So I guess what I'm saying is will you...would you...like to go to...to dinner with me...like on a date?" He cutely stumbled over his words.

"Yes, of course I would" I smiled and reached up to kiss his cheek. "I'm sorry for lashing out on you. I should've let you finish" I apologized.

"Don't be. I understand I shouldn't have started the conversation like that."

My phone rang and I had to answer it. It was Dad.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Cora Maeve Barnes, you need to get home as soon as possible." He yelled into the phone.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Your dog is what's wrong. He just tore up my shoe"

I tried my hardest not to laugh. "Okay, Dad I'll be home soon. I'm at Will's right now."

"As soon as possible. Bye Coco" he reminded me.

"Love you Dad" I smiled and hung up the phone call. I began laughing as soon as the phone was away from my face.

"What?" Will smiled at me.

"Bandit is in trouble. I have to go home but I'll see you soon" I told him.

"I'll pick you up at seven" he smiled.

"I'll see you at seven then" I smiled at him. He wrapped his arms around me for a hug.

A car honked and caused us to break apart. A blush covered both of our faces as we moved out of the way.

"Sorry, Mr. Henderson" Wills waved at him.

We looked at each other and burst into laughter.

"Bye Will" I said as I got into the car.

"Bye snowflake" he smiled at me and waved as I drove off.

It took a few minutes to get from Will's house to mine.

"Dad?" I asked as I opened the door. Bandit came running to greet me. I bent down and pet his head. "Hey buddy" I smiled at him.

"That dog chewed my shoe" dad said as he walked in the living room with a chewed up dress shoe. He doesn't normally wear his dress shoes unless he has some sort of special event and as far as I'm concerned he doesn't have one.