5~ Football Practice

"So are you ready to lose twenty dollars today, Cora?" Will asked as he walked up to me and the boys stretching before practice.

My three brothers gave me confused looks. "What's he talking about Coco?" Connor asked.

"We made a bet. He thinks I can't make it through a three hour football practice." I shrugged.

They all gave me knowing looks and I begged them to go along with it with my eyes.

"Good luck Coco" the boys pretended they didn't know I could beat more than half of the guys on this team.

"Yeah you're going to need it." Carter joined in.

"What are you talk-" Cooper started in confusion, but was cut off by Connor smacking him in the stomach.

"See?" Will motioned to my brothers. "Even they don't think you can do it"

Dad's whistle blew and we all huddled up around him.

"As some of you might have noticed my daughter will be joining us in our workout today." He announced to the football team.

"I'm out of shape but don't go easy on me. I like competition." I told the team.

They all busted into conversation. Some of them were checking me out, gross. Others felt bad for me because I was a girl and was going to get beat at everything. Most didn't think I'd make it through half the practice.

Dad blew his whistle again "Stretching lines, go. Oh I almost forgot, if I catch one more of y'all looking at my daughter's ass y'all will regret it." He yelled.

A group of freshman boys tried to look anywhere but me. I tried to stifle my laughter.

I stretched in a line next to Connor and Will.

"Ready to give up yet, Barnes?" Will smirked from beside me.

"Never gonna give up, Erickson" I smirked back. He has no idea what I'm capable of.

After a half hour of stretching and warm ups, we started a two mile run. Some guys started off pretty close to a sprint, idiots.

It was pretty easy. I passed at least ten guys in the first lap. My plan was to catch up to Will and my brothers, who were in the front. I knew I had time and didn't need to tire myself out this early.

The second lap I passed maybe another ten guys and they did not look happy when I passed them, neither did my dad. I know he was happy that I'm showing them up, but also these are his players and they need to be in shape for the season.

The next three laps I passed most of the guys and I was close behind Will and my brothers as well as Nick and Tommy. I already passed the rest of my brothers group of friends, although they weren't far behind me and could easily catch up in the next two laps.

The last two laps I picked up my speed and passed Nick and Tommy. I sprinted the last two hundred meters and finished just behind Will and my brothers.

We all took a few deep breaths. Will turned to me with shock and a smile stuck on his face.

"Out of shape my ass" He grumbled. "If that was you out of shape, I would like to see you in shape Barnes." He smirked at me.

I took a step and almost immediately fell. Thankfully Will was there to catch me.

"Are you getting clumsy on me, Cora?" He let out a small laugh.

I could see the boys giving me worried looks. I gave them a discreet, reassuring nod.

"My legs must be a little bit tired from running" I lied.