5

"Tch, you fucking lied to me."

Both of them returned instantly to the world of the dead just as Levi chanted the spell.

Those four words were more than enough as evidence of Levi's pain when he found out about Reiner. "You used a filthy chance just to go see another man. Do I mean nothing to you?"

"Don't you understand?" (Y/n) sighed, "You're the other man."

"No, you're married to me! He's the other man." Venom filled his voice. But then the groom quickly turned his back to (Y/n) to hide his face for a tear threatened to escape. "And here I thought this is going so well.."

(Y/n) took a few steps towards him, "Look, I'm sorry. But this just couldn't work."

"Why not? Ah.. I bet it's because of my eye and and the lack of.. fingers."

Faint yet vivid scenes of his days as a soldier slowly replayed in his mind. Levi's voice had gone quiet as he looked down to glance at his right hand where his middle and index finger used to be. There had to be a price for everything, and he paid for it. But in this moment, he wondered about the price of a.. true love.

"No! No! Your eyes are.. lovely." How could (Y/n) lie about how beautiful Levi's steel blue eyes are? Even though he's half blind, he still looks attractive. "Listen, in different circumstances, who knows? But we're way too different. I mean, you're dead," she stated.

"You should've thought about that before you asked me to marry you, brat"

"Oh my god! Why can't you understand this either? It was a mistake." She yanked her hair in frustration.

"I would never marry you, Levi."

That sentence came out harsher than she thought. (Y/n) immediately regretted her choice of words. On the other hand, Levi's eyes widened a little. His mouth was slightly ajar due to the feeling of being rejected. Thus without sparing another glance at (Y/n), he dismissed himself. Leaving the fully alive lady on her own.

Turns out, Levi decided to return to his usual 'house' where he usually spends his days as a corpse in the world of the dead. He plopped himself on the couch and sulked.

"What's with the long face, Levi?"

A deep and gentle voice could be heard right beside him. There, a tiny spider is dangling down from the ceiling. The concerned bug stared at Levi. Turning his head to the right, Levi was faced with a good old friend of his, Erwin.

"Maybe she was right, eyebrows. Maybe we're too different."

"Well maybe that lady should have her head examined by me- hey!!" The talking maggot got pulled out from Levi's ear once again since he had enough of her science bullshit.

The groom rolled his eyes, "But she does belong with him, the man who's still breathing. With that unstained face and a beating heart."

"Don't say things like that! You've got so much more. You've got a wonderful personality!" Erwin attempted to cheer him up, tapping his spider legs on the wooden surface.

But the raven haired man only rested his chin on his palm grumpily.

"What does that wispy little brat have that you don't have now?" Hanji hummed, swaying her tiny head from side to side, "Well guess what? He can't surpass you in terms of strength!"

"Bullshit, how about a pulse that I don't have?"

"If only she knew the you that we knew.." Both Hanji and Erwin sang in unison.

Erwin crawled up to Levi's fingers, "That silly living creature isn't wearing her ring since it's now yours! And he doesn't play piano like you. No he doesn't compare!"

"But he still breathes air, you idiots."

"Unimportant! Overrated! If only she could see how special you can be. If only she knew the you that me and Erwin knew~"

Levi closed his eyes for a brief moment before he got up slowly and pace around the room. His urge to cry increased with each step he took, "I I touch a burning candle I can't feel the pain. If you cut me with a knife it's still the same. I know her heart is beating, and I know that I am dead. Yet the pain that I feel here doesn't feel real, and it seems that I still have some tears to shed."

"My life was taken from me and I have not felt peace since then . Now the woman I adore is taken too."

Just like that, the lonely groom left his two small companions.

------------ Meanwhile in the land of the living ------------

The sculpted wooden door creaked open as Mr. and Mrs. Braun entered their son's room. Mr. Braun was the first one to speak as soon as he stepped inside.

"Marvelous news, son. Your wedding won't be canceled, so prepare yourself perfectly. Our relatives will arrive at any moment."

"How? (Y/n) just disappeared with a corpse and-"

Mrs. Braun threw her son a cold glare, "We must have you look presentable for Princess Ral."

"....Princess Ral?" He could feel his throat turn dry as the thought of Petra Ral becoming his wife crossed his mind. Even though it's only been a few hours ever since the rehearsal, Reiner still felt more comfortable around (Y/n). If he had to choose between a princess and a clumsy lady, he would choose the second option.

"Yes, she would make a good wife. A far better prospect this time, don't you think?"

"But I do not love her." Reiner gritted his teeth, "You cannot make me do this, I have rights to choose who I want to spend the rest of my life with! I prefer going back to be a warrior with my old comrades-"

His father stomped his foot on the marble tiles, "Silence! Without your marriage to Princess Ral, we would be living on the streets. We are destitute."

"But.. (Y/n)." Reiner muttered.

"That (Y/n) (L/n) is gone, child. You will marry Princess Ral tomorrow."

Both Reiner's parents walked out from his room with strict faces and with their noses held high with pride and glory, knowing that their only son will marry a glamorous princess tomorrow. They chanted a few last words before slamming shut Reiner's bedroom door.

"According to plan!!!