Epilogue .03

"Lord Jimin, I have a—"

It isn't just in the way Jimin's eyes suddenly widen as he looks past you but you see it too, from the reflection of the pretty crystals that decorates the beautiful garden, and you're quick to reach for your sword. Yet Jimin is on his heels, quicker than you as he rushes to your side, snaking his arm around your waist before you can grab your sword and he turns the both of you around his free hand pointing right at the dark shadow that immediately disperses and dies the second his own power of shadows hits it.

You're a little taken back while in the arms of the Lord of Shadows not because that event frightened you, but because you're surprised Jimin had put yourself before him to dispose of the shadow rather than letting you handle it.

"Jimin—"

"Are you okay?"

He's quick to turn his head back your way, inspecting you with worry. "I'm okay but—"

"Why the hell is a shadow trying to hurt you?" Jimin leaves your side to get a closer look at the little dust particles remaining from the dark shadow, crouching to a knee with furrowed brows.

But right now you aren't really concerned for its reasons.

"Jimin, you can't just shield me away from an attack, I'm the one who has to protect you."

He looks up at you, a look of perplex. "It was trying to hurt you."

"I can handle myself fine."

"I know you can but," he sighs, standing back up to walk up in front of you. "Do you know what's worse than forgetting that we were once lovers?" You tilt your head in confusion and he goes on. "Watching you hurt yourself for our sake, for someone who did not deserve your sacrifices and knowing that you're still willing to risk your own life for another. Do you not value your life, my love?"

"I do."

"Then why must you always put others before you?" Jimin asks a little hurt.

"I..."

"I told you, didn't I?" He says as he holds you close and the proximity makes you a little flustered. "I made you a promise, before we were lovers, while we were lovers, and while I had no idea of it. I made you a promise that I will protect you and I never intend to break it, whether big or small."

"Jimin..."

"I will let you do the protecting for others but when it comes to yourself, let me be your shield."

"I don't—"

He kisses you abruptly. "I will be your shield."

"Jim—"

Another kiss. "Alright?"

You know a Lord like him will never back down especially when it comes to making promises to his lovers. They take all their promises to you so seriously but sometimes you just wish—

He gives you another kiss with desperation in his eyes and there, you stare back into his gaze of love and the fluttering butterflies return. They are always there, whenever your Lords are around, whenever they lean in close and claim your lips. He's so serious you have no desire to say no to him so all you do is nod, knowing you cannot ever escape those precious eyes of his. It's too intimidating, too intense.

When he grins, it is worse.

Because he is beautiful and you realize all over again how lucky you are to receive the love from these seven Lords of the Underworld.

You still have no idea why it is you they have chosen to make their Queen of the Underworld.

Jimin wants to lean in again to claim your lips once more but you push him back, head trying to make clear of the current situation instead of getting carried away. "T-the shadow, Jimin," you remind him and his eyes turn from those bright pillars to the depth of the Underworld.