CH 5- Back to Action

Kyojuro had enough time to recover with his body. He began to train himself outside with his brother who'd gotten scared by how energetic he was when it came to his fighting. Eventually, he'd be practicing more and more by himself. You would wonder what since he was already so strong but his response was always.

"There's always room to improve!" Shinjuro had Haijuro watch Kyojuro work on his form and started to cheer. You wondered why everyone started to watch Haijuro when he spoke though. You felt out of the loop, did you miss a moment they're excited to see too or something? During some downtime, Kyojuro had asked you to check on his eye, his bandages needed to be changed again and at one point, he was finally able to open it without it resisting. It was discolored slightly from how his eyes normally were. More red than the mix of flame like his hair. You sighed as you informed him on how it looks. Shinobu had delivered an eyepatch for Kyojuro to comfortably wear till his eye had not been so sensitive to the light either. It was new grounds for Kyojuro to worry about when fighting but he worked with it. He seemed hyped to return to his missions, it was then at that night. Kyojuro had worn his uniform and everyone was at the door.

"It my time to return!" His haori flowed into the air as he had his arms crossed. During his time of recovery, he had his sword given to him. "Young Kamado, Boar Head, and Yellow Boy should be done with there mission right now." He said as you watched him from behind. Haijuro was sleep that night and you made sure he was kept warm so the two of you can travel. His crow came beside him before flying forward. All of you began walking.

"(Y/n), I'm going to have you two head to the mountains." He mentioned. You thought of the home he had. "I only have one side house but I promise you I'll be getting a bigger one! I want a big family after all!" He exclaimed as you walked. "Plus I know demons and wisteria don't mix as I return to see all the Pillars." You were by his side and he picked up your hand to plant a kiss on it.

"K-Kyo..." you stuttered. Haijuro stretched but stayed asleep. "First of all, lower your voice..." kyojuro watched as Haijuro remained sleep though his voice was booming. "more kids Kyojuro? Do you know how fast this one was??" You blushed but complained.

Kyojuro with his signature smile and owl like eyes only looked at you. You know he wanted to laugh so you just rolled your eyes and looked away. "I don't want to come close to losing you again... please. Be careful." You began to mumble.

"My duty to protect the people may or may not promise you but I will come home to you, (y/n)" Honestly speaking. "This should be where we part. Be careful,(y/n)." He paused and you both looked at each other under the moonlight.

"I want you to come with me..." you suggested. He shook his head. "It felt like your time was short with recovering. You're already doing push ups and other crap." You complained more and looked up at him.

"(Y/n), I want to come with you everywhere. To not leave Haijuro behind but this is my job." He started. "I want you to come with me everywhere but I would love to come home after getting my ribs broken a thousand different ways to see you there. As well as our son." He would poke Haijuro's face, it'd turn red and a sleepy laugh escaped his mouth. When Rengoku had come to kiss you, it felt different..

You had reopened your eyes after the kiss and watch as everytime you blinked it was like he was going farther so fast. You shook your head.

"Alright, Haijuro..just me and—" you'd turn and just to then step off, the scenery seemed to change. A recognizable sound of strings. You'd see the Infinity Castle.