𝒗𝒐𝒍.2

·𖥸·

·𖥸·

𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒚'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗

i woke up earlier than usual and just sat in my bed for a second before grabbing my phone. no text from jj, kie or my parents. 

seeing as it was summer though what i did have was a text from my manager telling me to come in at 11 for a 4 hour shift. fantastic. 

i hoped that jj or at least someone tolerable would be there so i wouldn't have to just melt under the sun and get gawked at by men old enough to be my dad all day. i know i can't really complain because the pay is good, it being also a kook job, but my 'social status' or whatever didn't really make the job feel worth it sometimes. 

nevertheless i got up and had a shower, i had 2 hours before i had to be there, after drying it i put it into two fishtail braids and went downstairs in nothing but a t-shirt and underwear to make myself breakfast, another plus about being home alone. 

my back was facing the front door that, by the way, had more windows than any other room in the entire house when i heard someone knocking. knowing it was loo late to act like i was wearing pants i just rolled my eyes and turned around, jj?

i walked towards the door and opened it, "what are you doing here? do i look like a hotel for idiots"

"uhmm rory-"

"it's my house i can wear what i want, besides my t-shirt is big enough now explain?" i snapped

"um i have work today and my clean work uniform is here, you see i didn't exactly go home yesterday" he chuckled to himself, i sighed and went upstairs to put pants on and he followed to the spare room.

"you should have a shower maybank!" i yelled through the door, i heard an agitated groan and the sound of the shower turning on. 

·𖥸·

after i had to literally haul jj's ass out of the house we sat in my car on our way to the golf club. 

"yknow-" he started chewing the breakfast that i also had to make him, he's such a child i swear. "i'm surprised we haven't run into the death squad yet, them being the soul reason the golf club is getting money n all"

"i saw them yesterday" i bluntly said, eyes still on the road.

"what?" he had stopped eating and furrowed his brow as if to assume i was actually having a civilised conversation with meatheads.

i glanced at him seeing his face, "ugh god as if i'd be friends with them. they came over to me and harassed me and then left that's all"

"and you didn't tell anyone why?"