Chapter 2 - Moonlight

We both paid our bar tabs and met outside. It was a beautiful night. It was a Friday night, about 7pm, a cool autumn breeze rustled some grounded leaves around outside. I found him across the street looking up at the moon that was rising. He looked angelic. There was no way someone this beautiful was human. I stood beside him, gazing up at the moon as well. I didn't stand close; I did not want to crowd him. "It's beautiful tonight, the moon." I finally said after a moment of silence. Min Yoongi looked over at me, with a faint smile. His porcelain skin glowing under the moonlight. "Mhm." He agreed.

He gestured for us to walk, and so we did. We followed the sidewalks. Cars were non-stop driving by us. I noticed some of his staff were following very far behind. They must have been in the bar as well. Always keeping their eye on him. I watched my feet as I walked. "Thank you for buying me a whiskey." He finally said softly, in his deep voice. I nodded quickly, "absolutely." I was really struggling to breathe but was trying my best to hide it from him. The nerves, that is.

A few steps later, "so you like Seesaw?" He questioned me, with a hint of a smirk. "Yes!" I smiled brightly. I really did love the song, it was a sad song, honestly, but the rhythm was upbeat and cheerful. It made me dance, despite the meaning. "It is a song everyone can relate to. I've had relationships like that. The ups and downs, the fighting, the loving. You stay together because it's all you know, and you are scared to separate, or get off the seesaw because the unknown terrifies you. But in the end, someone has to leave." I swallowed heavily, hoping that I understood the meaning of the song.

That was the moment I first saw him really smile. His gummy smile, making his eyes curve in the cutest way imaginable. "I used to be obsessed with 'Daechwita' and 'Moonlight', but I can't relate to 'Daechwita' too much. Honestly it just hyped me up." He chuckled. "Yeah, it was just me being cocky." My heart skipped a beat. This was becoming a normal occurrence this evening. His laugh was like the sweetest melody to me.

"So, you also like Euphoria? I'm sure you are in love with Jungkook as well." I looked at him bewildered. What a random question. My head voice was screaming, 'no, I'm madly in love with you, even though I never dreamed I'd meet you until now.' I shook my head. "It's not like that, with you or your six brothers. The song is just stunning. I hope I can find love someday that makes me feel like that song. It's beautifully written and sang. It fills me with hope."

We walked a few more feet in silence. He was walking so smoothly with his hands in his pockets, looking up at the sky. What I would pay to hear his thoughts right now. I would pay any amount. I stopped when I realized where we were. We were right across from a convenient store I liked to visit. "Hey, do you mind if I go in there really quick?" I pointed at the store. Min Yoongi's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Sure." He responded, rubbing his right earlobe with two fingers. He took a seat on a bench nearby and pulled out his phone that started ringing. I jaywalked across the busy street and into the store.

Hurriedly, I ran over to the produce section. 'Gotta hurry, can't make this important man wait.' I quickly found the tangerines and shoved a few handfuls into the small plastic bags nearby. I fast walked to the register and checked out within three minutes. Lucky for me, New Yorker's don't grocery shop on Friday nights much, at least not in here.

When I reappeared outside of the store, he was still on the phone. Talking in Korean to someone. Sounding emotionless, just as he sounded with me. I sat at the other end of the bench. A moment passed before he said goodbye to the person and hung up. I handed him the tangerines. "Ah, you do know me." He said with his gummy smile. That smile had always made my heart flutter in pictures. But seeing it in person was on a whole new level. Tangerines are one of his favorite snacks. "I hope you aren't on a diet." Min Yoongi laughed a little. "I will just eat a few." He pulled out a small tangerine and dug his thumb into it and removed the skin. He seemed to be a pro at it. Must have done it thousands of times.