My Childhood Bestie

"Here, take this." Mason offered.

I looked Mason's way to see him holding out his shirt for me. "It's just a t-shirt Carly, take it, I can see you're a little uncomfortable in just a bikini so put my shirt on; you'll feel more at ease."

I slowly took the shirt from him and put it over my head, already feeling the warmth it had from Mason's body heat radiate over me; the shirt smelt like Masons masculine perfume.

"Thanks." I mumbled lowly when Mason started the car and drove off.

We sat in silence throughout the remainder of the trip; Mason's eyes were firmly placed on the road in front as I looked out my window watching dead leaves drop from their trees as fall approached. I glanced in Masons direction once or twice and I had to admit I was right,

Mason had a toned, ripped body; he had huge biceps, triceps and who knows what other 'ceps' guys built up, even though he was sitting I could see his hard, toned six pack clearly, Mason really lived up to his title as the jock and school football captain.

"We're here." Mason said as the car stopped outside my house breaking me away from my thoughts.

I nodded, opened the door and jumped before closing the door I realized I still had Masons shirt on, "Uh your t-shirt-"

"Keep it, I'll collect it another time, don't stress."

Nodding, I was about to close the door but my little mental good angel glared at me asking where my manners were. Mason not only dropped me off in a polite, safe manner right to my door but also saved my dignity from that idiotic guy at the carwash. Even after all of that I thought Mason was up to no good when he stopped the car and pulled off his shirt, when he only was only being a gentleman and making me feel comfortable.

"Thank you, Mason."

"For dropping me home safely, the t-shirt and...and for saving me from the moron at the carwash." I half-smiled

Mason gave me a genuine smile flashing his dimples that made many girls go week in their knees, "No worries. Besides I think I owed you that much after everything I did." He paused then brushing away his thoughts sighed and continued, "Anyway you didn't tell my gramps about what I did to you and you made me a great cup of coffee this morning. I think we're even now?"

I couldn't help but chuckle at his words, "Thanks Mason, enjoy you're the rest of your day."

With that I closed the door and headed inside after hearing Mason's car drive off.

***

"Carly, Amber had been trying to call you all morning but you left your phone at home. Call her back it sounded urgent." My mom said after I just got back home from my routine Sunday morning jog and trip to the central park with Grandpa Mitch.

I started making my way upstairs grabbing my phone from my mom but was stopped. "Carly I want you to dress smart tonight for dinner and be downstairs by six-thirty the latest."

"Why mom? Please don't tell me you invited one of your crazy high society ladies club friends over?" I asked horrified. I hated those ladies; they were boring, snotty, rich and stuck up. All they ever spoke about were how their husbands are never around, how Mrs this and Mrs that dressed and how terrible the food was at Mrs this and that's party. If I ever took strain in my life it was when my mom invited her 'friends' over.

"No it's not my friends but your dad's old friends who just arrived from abroad." She replied rolling her eyes.

"Great, so why do I need to dress smartly? I mean they're probably just middle-aged guys who'll sit in front of the flat screen watching football."