C H A P T E R T E N

ALLIE was freaked out. To say the least. Her gig was in five minutes, and she was stood in the wings of the stage, mic in hand, shaking.

She'd had a tough day, Max having been thrown into a barrier at 180 mph. It had scared her shitless, and what was even worse was that he'd had to go to hospital. True it was just for routine checks, and Christian had said he seemed fine when they had talked, Allie's paranoia had gotten the better of her, and she was now going over every possible situation.

She jumped when she felt a hand on top of her own, and turned to see Mick stood beside her, a concerned look on his face.

"Al are you okay?"

"Mhm. Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Allie said in an attempt to make her voice sound casual.

It didn't.

Her voice broke slightly and she winced. Mick could she her shaking slightly and knew she was worried for Max. "Hey." he said, trying to get her attention. But she was too busy staring out at the large crowed that had gathered infront of the stage, cheering for her.

Mick sighed slightly, and brought his hand to Allie's chin, turning her head to face him. "Hey. He'll be fine. And so will you."

Allie took a deap breath and nodded. Mick was right. Max would be fine.

Mick hesitated, before placing a kiss on Allie's cheek. She stared at him, not sure what to do or say. Before she could, Mick moved his hand from. her chin to her cheek, rubbing it comfortingly with his thumb. "It will be okay."

Allie gave him a small nod, before her name was called by one of the stage managers. "Lawson!" she turned around to face the manager, who nodded his head towards the stage. "You're on. Have fun out there."

"Thanks." Allie said, before he walked away. She turned back to Mick, who gave her one last smile. "They'll love you."

"Thank you." Allie said, her worries fading slightly, as she heard the crowd cheer again.

Mick turned and keft to go and stand in the crowd with Callum, Charlotte, Charles, and all the other drivers who had grabbed sots bear the front of the stage to support Allie.

Allie took one last deap breath before running out on stage waving and beaming at the crowd. "What's up Silverstone!"

Allie was fully recovered from her pre-show nerves, and after performing two of the songs on her set list, the crowd was hyped to here the one they'd all wanted.

"Now," Allie began. "I have my next song ready, and I know ya'll really want to hear this one." she said, beaming.

The crowd cheered for a few seconds, realising Allie was about to sing her newest song live for the first time. "But before I start singing, I just want to issue a thank you."

Allie began to slowly walk back and forth as she talked to the crowd. "So, I had my heart broken." the crowd let out an 'Aw' to which Allie nodded. "Yeah, it was tough. It was tough. But the boy who broke my heart made the biggest mistake of his life."

Allie held a teasing smile on her face as she continued her little speech. "He broke the heart of a songwriter."

She let the crowd let out another cheer before continuing, not noticing Mick smirking to himself in the crowd as he watched the love of his life joke about him. It was highly amusing.

"So, predictably I wrote a song about him. And ya'll got it to a number one in the US and the UK!" she shouted at the crowd let out its loudest cheer yet.