C H A P T E R E I G H T

ALLIE was walking around the Silverstone paddock, her jacket blowing slightly in the soft wind.

She was walking around, headphones in, blasting Death By a Thousand Cuts making sure she had everything perfect before she performed the song infront of all the fans. Allie had been doing this all weekend, the moment she arrived on Friday for practice, and now before Qualifying. She was very nervous, even though as Mick had said, she knew the song back to front.

She was also nervous about Mick. They had promised to meet up in the paddock to talk, but she hadn't seen him yet. Allie thought about walking back to the RedBull garage to see Max and Checo, until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see Mick stood beside her, a small grin on his face. "Hey."

Allie smiled glad he didn't feel awkward around her. It gave her a small confidence boost. "Hi."

"Wanna' take a walk?" Mick asked.

Allie nodded, "Yeah sure."

The pair began to walk, making small talk as they went. They talked about boring things, the weather and few new stories, until Allie asked Mick about his race weekend so far, and that was it.

Mick began to give Allie the full low-down on how his weekend had gone, with statistics and strategies. Allie couldn't help but cling onto his every word. When Mick talked about racing, all his passion for the sport was shown and you could tell how much love he had for it. Allie found it cute how happy Mick got when talking about F1. It was what had made her fall for him in the first place.

Mick caught her staring and stopped talking. "Sorry, am I rambling?"

Allie shook her head instantly, "No, no you're not." she promised.

Mick chuckled slightly and looked down at the floor. Allie frowned slightly and nudged his side, "What?"

Mick straightened up and turned to look at Allie, "This just reminds me of our first date. That's all."

Allie stated at Mick, as she remembered their first date after their meeting at the Christmas Party. Max had been a sort of messanger between the two, and had given Mick Allie's number, who proceeded to ask the Lawson girl out.

UNDISCLOSED RESTRAUNT
JANUARY 2020

"So really, if I keep going with F2, push myself, there's a chance I could get scouted for F1. I've got people looking at me already, because I'm Ferrari Junior." Mick said, as Allie took a sip from her glass of wine.

The blond stopped himself before he went any further and glanced at Allie."I'm sorry, am I rambling?"

Allie placed her drink down firmly and leaned over the table slightly. "No of course not, trust me I know when someone rambles. I'm best friends with Max." she joked.

Mick. let out a small laugh and Allie smiled. "I asked you about your future career. I want to know. I'm Interested." she assured him.

Mick smiled at Allie. He'd never had a girl tell him she was interested in his career. Not unless they wanted something. He looked around the fancy restaurant, sighing. He turned back to Allie and spoke,"Do you want to get out of here? There's an Ice-cream place down the street, it's always empty after 5 pm."