CHAPTER FIFTEEN: PEPPERSOUP

🪘🪘🪘

PEPPERSOUP

"Kasie." Immediately, I turned toward Chidera's voice, and watched as she walked up to me.

"How are you doing?" She asked, and I squinted my eyes at her.

"I'm fine. We rode in the same car. Why do you ask that question?"

"Well, I meant, how are you doing with Cergio? You're alone with him. How is it going?" She queried some more, a mischievous look on her face. I turned properly to her, my head tilted a little to the side as I gave her an intense stare.

"Cergio and I simply get along. That's all. Stop trying to be a relationship expert." I cautioned, only to watch her let out a loud sigh as she rolled her eyes away.

"Fine, miss, I'm too matured to have a crush or fall in love."

"I... I'm not falling in love."

"Well, how would you know if you don't give it a chance?" Chidera questioned before taking hold of my hand and leaving the car keys with me.

"Go out, anywhere, just the two of you and have fun." She stated, before turning away.

"Chidera, Chidera." I called, but she kept walking and only looked back once to gesture for me to go on.

Drawing in a deep breath, next, I released it all at once before turning away and continuing on my path back to Cergio.

"Sorry, I took so long." I apologised while handing the bottle of water over to him. He nodded in accordance.

"It's okay." He added before opening the bottle and drinking down some. Once done, he closed the bottle once more and a moment of silence lasted between us.

"That was an old friend I was speaking with." Suddenly, I blurted out and only after saying it did I realise I didn't have to say that. Yet, there was a need to.

Gently, he nodded as a weak smile appeared on his face. A smile on my part threatened to display, and I lowered my eyes from his to avert that happening. My gaze fell on the car keys in my hand.

How would you know if you don't give it a chance? Chidera's words repeated in my head.

Attracted? Okay, there's a possibility that's happening, but falling in love? I didn't want to believe that. I mean, it has barely been two weeks since we met. Love can't happen that fast, can it?

"Last time, we talked about me giving you a tour of the village sometime. How about we do that now?" I suggested once I lifted my eyes back to him.

"Really?" He queried, somewhat surprised I'd brought that up, and I nodded. "Sure, let's do it." Cergio replied, and that was enough for me to get up on my feet and, likewise him.

Once we were in the car, I looked at his side.

"I think it's best I explain myself before we take off." I started, and he simply watched me.

"Okay, this is the first time in almost three years I've been back here, and whenever I am around, I'm not fond of going out. So, I won't be able to take you to the local must-see spots because I do not know how to get there."

His laugh was brief and light. It made me do the same.

"I understand." Cergio added, and I nodded, glad he was okay with how bad of a tour guide I am. I watched him put on his seat belt and after, I started the car.

The ride was in silence, but each time I looked at his side, he flashed me a smile and I do the same. Finally, after what felt like ten minutes' drive, I drove to the side of the road and parked the car beside what would more or less be a bar.