18

Chelsea •

Pulling back up to the house I furrowed my eyeshadows seeing zariah and Isaiah filling a truck up with their stuff .

"Wait y'all leaving already?"

"Yea what happened to you?" Zariah asked as she looked at me .

I pulled my phone out to look at my face , my eyes , my cheeks and nose was red .

My mascara was running , I looked a mess .

"Nothing , summer ain't over for another month so where are y'all going?" I asked

"we wanna explore the new city and shit before school starts and it's boring here so we decided to leave early" Isaiah spoke .

"Oh okay" i said and they both nodded .

I went into the house and went straight to my room , I ended that night crying because of the rude things amir said about me , and honestly I think I love him . Although he puts in no effort and only hits me up when he's horny I caught feelings like a dumbass .

If I could go back in time and push Kyle off of me I could , just to avoid that argument .

But then again amir did call me his girl so I wonder if that statement still stands .

•next day•

Waking up to my alarm I sighed and got up , work day .

After getting dressed and doin my hygiene i went downstairs and started making me a bagel .

Seeing Theresa walk downstairs in a summer dress I smiled "you look pretty" i spoke .

"Awe thanks , I'm going on a date!" She said smiling from ear to ear .

"Really ? How does it feel to have all your kids gone?" I asked .

"Great ! I finally get to live my life , I mean I'm responsible for you but you'll be 18 soon so" she started dancing .

"True". I spoke ... "why did my dad keep me away from y'all and never told me he had an sister?" I asked as i bit into my bagel .

"Hunny your dad is a dumbass , he let the money change him, and everything was good until your mom died giving birth to you, after that he packed up and disappeared with you, we didnt hear from him till months later"

"Wait so I was born out here?"

"Yep" she nodded .

"Did my dad ever send money back here ? Or help with your kids?"

"nope, that's why he's glad I'm a kind hearted person for even taking you in and doing him a favor . He left us high and dry I had to make a way for me and my kids"

I shook my head , my dad was wrong for that , I guess that's why karma came and got him .

"But I don't think he's wrong , he had the money so he moved his daughter out the hood , I would have done the same but I definitely would've brung y'all with me" she spoke .

My dad definitely had the funds to bring them with us to texas idk why he didn't .

I went to Paris for my 16th birthday, i could've used that money to fly then out to us , if I knew about them.

I would've liked to grow up with zariah and Isaiah, we would've been way more closer then we are now for sure

Growing up in texas I had no family around me , just friends that I made outside.

Then my dad started dating girls way younger then him so that was weird , I told him I didn't mind but I knew they were using him for money.

Why else would a 24 year old want to be with a 40 year old ?

"Well i gotta go before I'm late" she Said . "Me too" i spoke .

We both left and she closed and locked the door , I got into my car and immediately turned the ac on.

I sat there as hot air blew on me, waiting for it to get cold , when it did I drove off to work .

"Hey boo" i spoke seeing Mariah in the break room , she looked up and smiled "hey girl" she spoke .

I sat down next to her "I saw you leaving the trap the other day , I didn't say nothing cuz it looked like you were in a hurry"

"Girl yes I was trying to get the fuck up out that dirty ass house it gives me the creeps" she spoke .

"Exactly like how hard it is to clean up after yourself" i added and she nodded .

"But yea after you left me and Amir got into an argument"

"About what? Y'all always arguing"

"About this" i said then showed her a picture of my neck .

I used the cold spoon method so it's gone now , that's why I had to show her a picture.

"Wait so you cheated?"

"Cheated ? We not even in a relationship .. but he did call me his girl"

She shook her head "I don't even know what advice to give you because I know Amir gone stay mad for hella long"

"Exactly, but fuck him he said some rude ass shit to me" I spoke .

She knew about my abortion because I told her I was pregnant so of course I had to tell her I'm not anymore .

After a few seconds of silence Mariah looked at me with a nervous expression.

"I have something to ask you" she spoke .

"Okay what is it?"

"I found a 2 bed room we can afford it if we split the rent , so I wanna ask you do you want to get an apartment with me ?"

She pulled her phone out showing me pictures of the empty apartment and it was nice , the rent was 680 which wasn't a lot .

"Awe yes I'm down to get a place with you" I spoke and she smiled nodding .

"I want to decorate the livingroom though I already have the couch picked out"

"Okay you can do the livingroom and I'll do the bathroom"

"Omg it's gonna look so cute" she spoke .

I smiled knowing I was gonna be moving out of Theresa's house .

"So you know my birthday is coming up right ? And idk what ima do" I said .

Seeing it was time for me to clock in I did that then sat back down.

"There's a few fun things you could do" she spoke .

"Yea i might not do anything though I'm not in the mood"

"What did you do last year?"

"I rented a yacht..." i trailed off .

"Oh"

"Yea but ima go out there before I get fired for taking a long ass break"

_______________________________________________

Y'all reading but not voting 😭🙄.