4

Chelsea •

"The hell?" I spoke as I walked into the school building, you had to walk through a metal detector before you could go through to the classes .

"You new?" A security guard asked me as I walked up .

"Yup , she's my cousin!" Jaybo spoke putting his arm around me .

"No I'm not" I spoke as we both walked through it .

"Wanna know something?" He asked as I started looking around for the office . "What?" I asked .

"Them metal detectors don't even work" he laughed . "How you know?" I asked .

He slightly lifted his shirt up showing me a gun tucked in his pants .

"Oh lord" I spoke as I quickly walked off away from him .

I found the office easily because the school was so small compared to my school in texas .

"I'm here for my schedule" I spoke as I walked into the office .

I looked around seeing the group of kids in ISS looking bored asf .

"Name ?"

"Chelsea marshal" i spoke

The lady nodded then the printer started , she handed me my paper after it printed and sent me on my way .

Without a guide or nobody to help me around.

I started walking around looking for class 215 , "how ghetto" I mumbled seeing graffiti all over the walls .

"You lost or something?" I heard from behind me .

I turned around seeing a pretty darkskin girl with two hats on her head. "Yea I'm new" I spoke .

She grabbed my schedule out my hand and looked at it . "Oh you got ms.fell you gone hate that hoe" she spoke .

"Can you show me where it is?" I asked .

"Yea, don't tell her I helped you tho, I'm supposed to be in her class rn too" the girl spoke .

"So you're ditching?"

"Yup till I get caught , how do I pronounce your name ?" She asked handing me my schedule back.

"Chelsea... what's yours?"

"Mariah" she spoke and i nodded .

She walked me to the class then kept walking , I walked in and everybody looked my way, causing me to get anxiety .

"Oop we got a new girl?!"

"Introduce yaself and pick a seat" the teacher spoke with an attitude.

"I'm Chelsea and i just moved out here from texas" I spoke then looked around the classroom.

I picked a seat in the second row and the teacher continued talking about math equations.

I looked at the board already knowing the answer , we learned this at my old school months ago .

The door opened again and in came mariah with an security guard. "I found her wandering the halls" he said before leaving back out .

Mariah rolled her eyes then sat down .

"Since we have people ditching , I'm assigning a quiz tomorrow, it's gonna be a big part of your final grade too" ms.fell spoke .

A lot of kids started smacking they teeth and saying it wasn't fair .

One girl said something to Mariah and Mariah threatened to slap her .

I laughed under my breath shaking my head .

The bell rung and Mariah came up to me "i told you she was a bitch" she spoke . I chuckled and walked out of the classroom.

After two more classes it was lunch , I stepped out of my history class and started looking around .

It wasn't hard for me to make friends at my old school , I was actually popular.

So making friends should be easy for me here too.

My eyes landed on a boy who was leaned against the wall with some headphones on.

I smiled and walked up to him , as I got closer I noticed how tall he was .

I tapped on his arm and he looked down at me before taking his headphones out . "What?"

"I-Umm I'm new and-"

He cut me off "what does that have to do with me?"

"That was rude to cut me off , and I was about to ask you if you wanted to be my friend ? I see you're alone so why not be alone but with me" I spoke .

"I'm alone because I want to be alone" he spoke before walking away from me .

I stood there stuck , where did I go wrong in that conversation for him to decline my offer ?

"COUSIN!"

I turned around hearing Jaybo voice
To see him waving for me to come
To him . I rolled my eyes and started walking to him only because I had no one else to hang with.

"I'm not your cousin" I spoke .

"Come on gang over here" he spoke , he pulled my hand and I followed him to the gym where isaiah, zari and them was .

_____________________________________________

Psa: I am in no way trying to down Louisiana , im just writing this from a " bougie / spoiled " girl point of view .

Ian never been to texas or Louisiana I'm from cali 😭 so don't feel no type of way about this shit I'm writing plzzzz .