18 ✘ another picture to burn

✘ most likely to send ✘

most likely to send

          NataliaAngelo@hotmail.com

Natalia, originally I recruited Nayelie because I knew you guys were cousins. When we were younger you were always so nice to me, even as we aged. One day, you came to school and were so excited, you hadn't lost your shit on any of the boys who made creepy comments toward you so I thought that something was wrong. That was until you broke out into a smile and told me your best friend and favourite cousin was moving here. Out of the two of you I never expected it would be you that left first.

You had a photo with a message attached,  'for your eyes only,' no one knows who you sent it to, no one seems to care how they even attained it. Had they begged? Were you pressured? Even if it were willingly you dont deserve any of this.

I'm so sorry something so personal of your was shared around. We heard that you tried to say it wasn't but the scar coming down your torso was the same you acquired in an accident you were in when you were younger. Don't worry though, revenge is coming.

— I keep it real

— Vale

[in drafts]

IT'S BEEN TWENTY minutes since Nadia left, well, twenty-one minutes and thirty-two seconds but who's counting? Sage has resorted to staring off into the distance and naming as many birds as he can, whilst Caleb's got his door open — uncaringly inviting in the wind that's begun to pick up into the car.

I button up my trench coat, feeling the autumn weather create ripples of goosebumps across my skin. I'm wearing a long sleeve and freezing, I wonder how Sage hasn't complained. That is until I remember, that he's a swimmer and lives in water much colder than this weather. The lucky bastard.

"I just think we should go in now, why would it take twenty minutes for her to tell him to come out?" I've got a bad feeling about this and I know I'm the one that assigned Nadia to Luca and all of that, but that doesn't mean I factored in a situation like this.

"Just give it time, Valé." Caleb says, repeating the same sentiment from five, ten and fifteen minutes ago. "You don't trust Luca."

"Should I?" I press. Why would I trust that guy who single-handedly ruined my best friend for a fat chunk of freshman year? I know Nads, I know she can hold her ground but it's in the presence of Luca that something occurs to her. She sometimes...softens up, even more than she already is.

Caleb breathes out, but doesn't verbally answer. That's an answer in itself, whether he wants to admit it or not.

"I'm just really worried. You're worried for him and I am for her."