Aiden - Three

3 – Aiden

4 Years Ago (18)

September

I called Jordan knowing it would go directly to voicemail as I was pulling in to the driveway of the house he recently started renting. Why he started to rent a fucking house I have no idea since he's over fucking seas.

"Hey Jord, obviously it's me. I'm uh, I'm taking your car for a few days, so like don't report it or anything. I just need to get the fuck out of here for a bit. My truck needs a windshield thanks to her so...yea I'm taking your car. Just call me whenever, I'll answer for you. I'm good by the way, love you bro."

After hanging up I jumped out of my truck. I had called insurance earlier and someone is going to come here and fix the windshield sometime this week. I didn't give a damn, the girl kept trying to get me to go through insurance and I honestly didn't fucking care I just needed it done. I grabbed Jordan's keys to his blacked out manual CTS-V. The only thing to put an actual smile on my face in the past few days. I pulled my phone back out after starting the car and called Cole, my boss.

"Yo Aiden. What's up?" I heard his kids laughing and playing in the back ground and Cole would periodically grunt. Assuming they were wrestling like normal.

"Uh, I need a few days off."

"You got PTO what's going on? Shit Ker, hold up."

"I just need to get out of here for a few days."

"What happened? Noah don't touch that!" Conversations with parents. I laughed.

"Megan and I split. I just..."

"Say no more man. Get off your sister! How long you thinking?"

"I don't know man, like a week?"

"Alright done. Call me if you need me cool?"

"Yea man, thanks."

"I got you."

"I know. Later."

"Bye Aid." I hung up the phone and backed out of the garage and started driving. With no real destination and didn't stop until I got out of Texas completely.

My phone has been ringing nonstop mostly Megan trying to get ahold of me. The screen was pretty badly cracked thanks to her stunt of throwing it so texting was officially off the table for now. I didn't answer until my Mom called.

"Hi Mama."

"Ciao bambino. Dove sei a? You aren't home?"

"I am not home, and as to where I am...I don't know somewhere through Tennessee."

"What? Dove stai andando?" The concern in her voice radiated through the Bluetooth on the car.

"I don't know where I'm going. No destination."

"Bambino. Your sorella told us about Megan."

"And?"

"Uh are sai bene?"

"I'm fine Mama, I promise. Just needed to get out of Texas for a little."

"What about working?"

"I called and talked to Cole. He gave me my PTO days for a week. I don't know if I'm going to be gone that long or not before you even ask."

"Son, you know you can talk to us, right? Your sister and brother as well." My Dad's voice came through.

"Yea, I just, I don't want to talk. Just wanted to drive."