4 ; muggle-borns and detentions

"If yeh ask me, she wouldn't say no ter a signed 一"

"If yeh ask me, she wouldn't say no ter a signed "

Harry spent a lot of time over the next few days dodging out of sight whenever he saw Gilderoy Lockhart coming down a corridor. Harder to avoid was Colin Creevey, who seemed to have memorized Harry's schedule. Nothing seemed to give Colin a bigger thrill than to say, "All right, Harry?" six or seven times a day and hear, "Hello, Colin," back, however exasperated Harry sounded when he said it.

Hedwig was still angry with Harry about the disastrous car journey and Ron's wand was still malfunctioning, surpassing itself on Friday morning by shooting out of Ron's hand in Charms and hitting tiny old Professor Flitwick squarely between the eyes, creating a large, throbbing green boil where it had struck.

So with one thing and another, Harry was quite glad to reach the weekend. He, Ron, Liliana, and Hermione were planning to visit Hagrid on Saturday morning. So when morning came, Liliana was a bit confused as to why Harry was not downstairs in the common room with Ron.

"Where is he?" she asked.

Ron took a piece of parchment out of his pocket and handed it to her, "Quidditch practice."

Liliana nodded her head in understanding. "Do you think we should go and meet him there? Or breakfast first?"

Ron looked at her as though she were mad for asking such a question. "Breakfast first, obviously. Honestly, you should know me by now."

Liliana and Hermione laughed at their red headed friend before heading out the portrait hole and down to the Great Hall. Not many people were up seeing as it was still quite early which worked out perfectly fine for the three, who only planned on grabbing a quick bite.

"Toast? Again," sighed Ron, looking down at the food upon the Gryffindor House table.

"Be thankful you get anything," said Hermione, reaching for a piece of toast.

Ron sighed, "You're right." He grabbed a piece as well and slathered a bit of marmalade on it.

"Y'know, toast is actually really good," said Liliana, taking a bite out of the piece in her hand. "Especially the way our mum prepared it for us, although for the longest time 'Mione refused to have anything but butter on it."

Ron laughed, "Really, Hermione?"

She scoffed, "Well Lils here refused to drink tea unless it was room temperature, I mean it's supposed to be hot."

"Well at least I never burnt my tongue while drinking it, I can only remember you doing so several times," retorted Liliana.

The two continued back and forth, Ron laughing every now and then before they eventually made their way onto the Quidditch field. The three headed towards the stands with their breakfast in hand, and took a seat waiting for Harry to finish his practice. A couple of minutes passed before Ron noticed the Gryffindor team exiting the locker rooms, among them Harry.