Chapter 16 - One chance

"W-what?" Your stutter only further fuelled his theory. "Scared?"

"You're trembling as if I just killed your pet rabbit, you refused to contact me after we kissed, you ran away as if I repulsed you... do I? So I repulse you?" Before you could answer he continued. "A-am I that dreadful and awe full that you decline acknowledgement of me in every sense-??"

"Al-"

"I don't understand, I thought you had some interest in me... some minuscule of attraction that could lead into something more?" He runs a hand through his hair which only furthered his disheveled look.

"Much more..."

"What?" He looks back at you with a questioning gaze.

"Much more... it was so much more than a minuscule, it was tons upon tons of everlasting... feelings!" You struggled to find the right word but settled with what you had said. "But it was so much more than just feelings... it was so much more and that's- that's what scared me,"

"Why?"

"Because-" you suck in a breath before looking at the closed balcony doors. "Because I haven't had... the best luck with these types of feelings..." rubbing your upper arm to both warm and distract yourself from the emerging tears. "The only thing I learned from life was to never let anyone make you feel this way... because it will end horribly for you,"

"I wouldn't do that to you-"

"I know(!)... but it's- I want to trust you, I really do, but I don't know if I can let myself go through that again..." you move away from the radio demon and face the edge of the balcony.

"Whatever you dealt with, whatever happened to cause you this pain... Y/n, I would never think about doing that to you," his shoes clicked against the floor as he approached you with caution. "Give me... give us a chance. Let me prove that you can trust me... let me prove to you that whatever happened, I won't ever let happen to you,"

"You say that but-"

"That's all I can do, can't I? Unless you let me prove myself all I can do is say," moving around to your side he holds out his hand. "One chance... I've never felt this way for someone, and I'm not letting this go easily,"

"Why?" Moving your gaze up to him you saw the desperate look on his face; as if he knew you wouldn't return the feelings. "Why me?"

"Why?" He asks almost offended, thinking it was a joke. "Are you serious? Y/n, you are the most amazing woman I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! You are charismatic, passionate, caring, lovely in every way... and I mean every word, darling," he holds out another hand. "One chance, if I screw it up, then you'll never see me again, but I assure you I won't,"

"One chance?" You say after taking a quick sharp breath.

"Only one," you raise a hand up and place it in his.

"Alright," a smile creeps up your face as his eyes light up with joy; he takes your hand right and spins you around before dipping you, gently kissing you, but he quickly pulls back when he realises what he did.

"I'm sorry-" his apology was stopped as you reversed rolls and put him in a dip and kissing him deeply.

"No need to be sorry," you mumble as a bright blush rises to his cheeks.

~~~

ALL FINISHED!!!!

ALL FINISHED!!!!

I know some of you will want sequels but I'm sorry to say there will be no sequels but feel free to create your own sequels!

Lots of love!

- Anna ❤️

P.s. go check out my other book Deals with the fallen: Alastor x fallen angel!reader