❥5: Starbucks Encounters

*unedited* please kindly point out any errors if you see them!

>>>>>PLEASE READ: I just started a new story called 'Boarded', please check it out and let me know what you think! Link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/31008795-boarded

(External link also on the side)

||November 25||

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I began to take in my surroundings. Looking to my left, I saw a notebook with papers ripped out sprawled across my bedroom rug. Looking to my right, Brooke was curled up in a ball and latched onto my pillow, asleep.

I leaned over slowly and grabbed my cellphone from across the rug, yawning in the process. I scanned over the screen, noticing two alarming things.

*12:30 PM--11 new messages*

First of all, I had a class at 11:00. Well shit, that can't be good....

Secondly, Jason had sent me an obnoxious amount of text messages, including:

10:32 AM- "Where the hell are you?"

-and-

10:33 AM - "Hello?! Hear the banging on your door? THAT'S ME!!"

Well this can't be good... Mr. Watson is going to lose his shit over me missing class! Especially after what happened yesterday...

I quickly Jason back saying:
12:31 PM - "So sorry! Just woke up"

He responded almost instantly:
12:31 PM - "Wow, class ended 30 mins ago"

12:32 PM - "Oops..."
I texted back.

I noticed Brooke beginning to stir and awaken nearly a minute later, and my phone began to ring.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone. I hadn't been bothered to check the caller ID.

"Hey Jess!" I recognized the voice--it was Jason's

"Hey... So sorry about this morning! Brook and I were just--"

"No worries. I felt kinda bad when I ditched you after waiting only five minutes, anyways," Jason chuckled, "Wanna meet up at Starbucks in 20?"

"Sure! But can we go to a different one than last time? I'm really not interested seeing that wacky barista chick again," I laughed light-heartedly.

"Sure, whatever you want," he chuckled again, "How about the one by my place?"

"Sounds good, see you in 20! We can have an enjoyable discussion about the brutal forms of punishment Mr. Watson will potentially be giving me!" I responded sarcastically. I heard him laugh on the other end of the line before I hung up.

"Hey, Brooke!" I walked over to her sleeping body and knudged her with my foot. She mumbled something inaudible and turned onto her other side.

"I swear, I will get water from the sink and dump it onto your head if you don't get up on the count of ten!" I yelled teasingly. Brooke just flipped me off.

"1... 2... 3... 4..." I carefully stepped over her and headed towards the bathroom, rinsing out the bowl we had used for popcorn last night and filling it up with cold water. "5... 6... 7... Ah screw this," It didn't look like she'd be getting up any time soon, so I dumped the ice-cold water all over Brooke's head and she bolted upright.

"Well, that seemed to do the trick!" I grinned triumphantly.

"What the hell?!" Brooke screamed, brushing her wet hair out of her face, causing me to keel over in laughter.