Chapter 53

Taehyung's breath stuck in his throat while looking at the younger before him. Jungkook sat slumped against the wall with multiple liquor bottles surrounding him. All of the bottles seeming empty due to the way they were carelessly thrown around on the hard concrete floor. Taehyung slowly took a few steps forward, the younger not even noticing the fact that there was another person on the roof with him at the moment. Jungkook's eyes looked almost empty while he stared blankly to a point on the other side of the roof. Nothing indicated that he heard or even saw Taehyung and that fact alone worried the blonde a lot. Jungkook wasn't someone you could sneak up on, he always knew you were there. Jungkook was always on high alert, he always knew when something happened around him so the fact that he didn't even hear or see Taehyung at all at the moment wasn't a good sign.

"K..Kook?" Taehyung softly whispered, hoping to get a reaction out of the younger without startling him too much.

Within an instant Jungkook had turned his head, tried to stand up but stumbled on his feet almost immediately. The younger pushed his hand against the wall to steady himself while his body slowly swung back and forward. His eyes darted from left to right around Taehyung's body, clearly not being able to focus on the blonde before him. Taehyung's eyes instantly widened, not expecting the younger to go as far as he had gone with the liquor. Jungkook wasn't someone who did things out of the blue and getting drunk definitely wasn't something that fit his whole persona.

Taehyung's eyes darted over Jungkook's body, stopping at his face. Jungkook's unfocussed and red face due to all the alcohol. A face that was filled with emotion, emotions Taehyung had never seen on Jungkook. The blonde's eyes darted towards Jungkook's eyes and at that exact moment he knew things were bad.....really bad.

"Kookie, are you crying?" Taehyung whispered again, slowly taking a few steps towards the drunk boy but already knowing the answer to his own question. Jungkook's eyes were red, wet lines marked his cheeks and his lashes were clumped together.

Jungkook removed his hand from the wall, trying to take a step towards Taehyung but failing miserably and resulting him in toppling over his own feet. Taehyung immediately sprung into action, grabbing Jungkook by his arms while steading him on his feet. "Holy shit how drunk are you?"

"N...not drunk enough." Jungkook mumbled while his legs slowly gave out from underneath him. "S..still...h...hurts..."

Taehyung placed his arms on Jungkook's upper body, bringing them slowly back to the ground so he could sit against the wall with the drunk younger. He placed Jungkook's back against the wall, sitting beside him while looking at the raven head with a worried look. Heavy tears started to stream down Jungkook's face almost instantly while soft sobs left his mouth. The raven head's hand desperately searched the floor around him for another bottle of liquor, letting out a strangled cry when he couldn't find one. "N..no. M..make it s..stop. g..gimme another."

Jungkook turned his head towards Taehyung, looking at him with the most desperate and begging eyes Taehyung had ever seen on him. "P..please give me another."

Taehyung slowly reached forward, not knowing what to tell the other boy. He didn't want to give the younger more booze but he also didn't want to tell him no. He had never seen Jungkook drunk and he had no idea how the younger would react if Taehyung wouldn't give him what he wanted right now. So Taehyung did the one thing he knew he was good at....comforting people.

Within an instant he had Jungkook wrapped up in his arms, the younger's head on Taehyung's shoulder and Taehyung's hands securely placed on Jungkook's head and back. "Kookie...."

Loud sobs suddenly left Jungkook's mouth and his hands bawled themselves up in Taehyung's shirt. "P..please make it s...stop."

Taehyung wrapped the crying younger a little more up in his embrace while small tears started to form in his own eyes. He had no idea what was wrong with Jungkook but it was clearly hurting him so much that the younger hadn't been able to deal with it himself. "Kook, talk to me. Let me help you. What do I need to stop?"