Coconut Oils And Food Wars

"Maya." Zoe calls and I lift my eyes from the book in my hands.

"Yes?"

"Are you still sure about your decision?"

"My decision?"

"Yeah, about not wanting to see Mason."

I put my book down. "Actually, I went to see him yesterday."

"What?" Zoe sits up and mouth falls agape.

"Lilly took me to him."

"That's great!" She beams with excitement. "How are you feeling? I mean, after seeing him."

"I feel good and relieved."

"Did you guys talk..." She struggles to finish the words.

I shake my head.

I'm about to explain when there's a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Zoe asks.

"Bianca."

"Oh, come on in, girl."

The door opens and Bianca steps into the room.

"Hmm, it smells nice in here." She comments.

"Maya, spilled all my coconut oil." Zoe replies and I smile sheepishly and shrug.

"I'm sorry. I swear I'll get you a new one."

Bianca laughs. "Okay, we need to go."

"Where are we going?" Zoe asks.

"To Max's place. Justin is staying there in the meantime. We're just going to hang out."

"Okay, have fun."

"You're not coming?" I ask Zoe.

"Nah, my mom asked me to come home so I'm driving there later."

"Oh, when are you coming back." I pout.

She laughs. "Girl, don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow morning. I won't last in that house."

"Okay, we'll see you when you come back. Text me when you're about to leave."

I grab my backpack on the floor and put on my black flats before leaving with Bianca.

"Which car are we taking?"

"Lilly took mine yesterday and still hasn't returned it." I reply and she nods.

"So, now that Justin is back, don't you think you should tell Max about Mason?" Bianca asks as we get into her car.

"I just need like, one more day or something. Since I can't see him today, I'll have to meet up with him tomorrow. I'll ask Chris for his numbers."

"Just like that?" She takes her eyes off the road for a second to look at me. "You guys haven't spoken in years and you're just gonna pop up and call him like hey, let's meet up?"

"Well," I give her a sheepish grin, "we've already met up."

"What?" She loses control of the steering wheel for a second and I dive forward. I grab on to my seat belt, grateful I always put it on. "Are you trying to kill us?"

"I'm sorry. You can't just, drop something like that. When? You were with Lilly the whole day and you didn't speak to him the other day."

"After lunch, Lilly took me to see him."

"And you didn't think to tell me this like, yesterday?" She glares at me for a second.

"I'm sorry, I just... I..."