Nath square 💖

They tell us about the party and how beautiful the celebration was. Bummi Comes to me and hands me a Polly bag. On opening it, I see a lot of sweets, chocolates, candies, biscuits, and drinks.

Bummi whispers into my ears that it was Arnold who asked her to give the bag to me.

Arnold is brother Simons girlfriends little brother, he is a year older than me. He is14 years old while I am 13. He had begged me to come but I said no. For some reason, he always attends all our family parties without missing a single one, like he does not have any other thing to do. And he always wants me to attend all his family parties.

I known he is my childhood friend and all that but that does not mean he is obliged to always be around me. It's not like I hate him or am not grateful to him for all he's done for me in the course of our growing up but my main issue is his girlfriend.

She would see me as the other girl... Nd I don't want that, my life is too fucked up right now and I don't need any extra drama.

I happily collect the Polly bag from Bummi and help my parents collect their bags and head up the stairs to keep their bags in their rooms and to retire back to mine.

I would stay there till dinner is ready... Which would be the food Mrs. Evans packed for my mom as their usual tradition to show special appreciation and attention.

**********

It's Thursday and I am so pumped up about school, can't wait to see the expression on Faith's face when she sees Victor and I am looking towards sitting beside Victor.

I was initially meant to be on my sports ware but I have a debate to take part in outside school so I have to put my sportswear in my bag and wear my corporate suit, tie, and skirt.

Bummi is also getting ready for school and she finds it difficult to comb her full afro. How we both got Afros remains a mystery to my parents. My mom does not have an afro... But I think my dad did.

Well, Bummi's afro is so full that if care is not taken when combing her hair, you just might end up breaking the comb in her hair. Talking from experience.

I sit her down before the mirror and help her braid the front into four huge corn rolls but not to the end, I then pack the loose ends with the rest of the unbraided hair. So from the front, it looks like she braided her hair and added a weave on to it.

I would not have had to do anything if her school did not have a rule against unbraided hair. I warn her not to roughen the hair before her school closes.

"Yes, mommy" she replies whilst hugging me. I have always been told that I act too mature for my age, but I don't think that is true.

I would have picked it up with her but chose to leave it cause it feels sweet to hear my little 8 years old sister call me mommy... lol...

I give her a kiss on her forehead which she wipes off with the back of her hand. An old habit of hers. Even when she was younger, she hated kisses.

I watch her grab her bag and run out of the room calling out to brother Samson to take her out to get a bike.

I stretch my hair and curl it from tip to end then comb it a few times leaving it to bounce. Star high has no problem with whatever we chose to do to our appearance, as long as it does not involve make-up or go against the school's uniform rules.

I am still ruminating over my debate lines when my mom calls from downstairs to inform me that my bus has arrived.

"I'm coming!"I call back at her as I pack the last things I need and close the room windows. I run down the stairs and go to meet my mom in the kitchen.