Awakening and Apologies (pt 4)

"I'd ask how you're feeling, but I kinda already know".

Jimin's weak attempt at humour made you smile a little. He had entered a few moments previously, perching himself lightly on the edge of the chair. He pulled his knees up to his chest and rested his head lightly on them, staring at you sadly.

"I'm sorry", he murmured softly. "For everything really, I never apologised for freaking out on you".

You had forgotten about that, it seemed like such a long time ago, even though it was really only a short while. So much had happened since.

You had woken to find your bed empty, Taehyung must have woken up earlier. But Jin had entered a few minutes after, dumping a tray of food on your lap, urging you to eat, because you ended up having nothing the day before, despite you being so hungry.

You had never eaten so quickly in your life, which you regretted now, because the food had tasted so good, and you didn't have opportunity to savour it.

"It's ok", you mumbled in reply. He pursed his lips and nodded thoughtfully.

"What now?", he asked quietly, more to himself than anyone. "I don't think there's many of our secrets left that you don't know about".

The thought actually made you happy and relieved, because you had been sick of all this secrecy. It lifted your spirits a little.

"You should not be that happy about having so much blackmail over us", he joked lightly, but then sighed.

"We are finding it difficult", he admitted slowly. "We've never told anyone about our past, we rarely even discussed it among ourselves through all those years". He fidgeted with his fingers. "And now to have someone who knows everything, and furthermore have had her life in danger because of it, is a hard thing to process". He smiled at you.

"Despite that, we are eternally grateful to you for saving us, and you have our undying loyalty and protection now", he concluded. "Nothing like that is going to happen to you ever again".

"I don't know about that", you replied bemusedly. "You guys seem to be a magnet for trouble".

He pouted. 

"We aren't usually", he whined, gazing at you with puppy eyes. You snorted. "Have you seen Taehyung?".

"Seen me do what?".

You startled at his sudden appearance in your bed. He smiled at you. 

"I heard my name", he said angelically.

"She says you're a magnet for trouble", Jimin supplied helpfully. He smirked.

"Does that turn you on", he whispered right in your ear, even you knew full well Jimin could hear him perfectly.

"No it does not", you groaned, shoving him away.

You would never in hell admit that it did, just a little.

"She's lying", Jimin grinned. You glared at him ferociously.

"I almost died, and this is the treatment I get from you guys", you grumbled. Taehyung snickered, and wrapped his arm around your shoulders to pull you into his side.

"Thank you", he said sweetly, kissing the top of your head. "But you do know that this means you're gonna be stuck with us forever, we legitimately won't let you out of our sight".

"In your dreams boy", you mumbled.

"He's right you know", Hoseok appeared in the window, stretching out across the windowsill. You decided to say nothing about the fact that the room was on the second floor.

"You can't be serious", you sighed. "Also please stop appearing out of nowhere, give a bit of warning".

The three of them laughed at that.

"We can't help it", Jungkook giggled, doing exactly what you were complaining about and appearing at the foot of your bed. He flopped backwards, his head landing on your legs. "You'll get used to it pretty quickly, promise".

"Looks like I'll have to", you exhaled, but you weren't really annoyed at them.

You were just happy to be alive, and that you were all ok.

------

a bit on the shorter side today guys, but I wanted to have a sweet fluffy moment after all the dramaaa.

fjeicvjeriuvhreiugheriugeghwer

peace out uwu