Chapter 23

Xavier's POV

"Sir, breakfast is ready." The new maid Wanda said.

She stood at the door frightened, her head tilted down.

"Throw it away, I don't have time to eat." I said getting up from my office chair.

She opened her mouth to speak but she quickly closed it again speechless.

For the past week, I've been quite busy at work. We opening a new hotel that needs my attention.

I have finally managed to work without thinking about Cassie. If she is capable of lying to me the way she did, then she's not worth thinking of.

"Would you like some coffee on your way out?" she asked.

"No," I replied

She nodded her head then walked out, her cheeks red.
I don't know why she always seems so nervous around me.

I looked for a folder in my book shelves, after finding it I packed it away in my brief case ready to leave.

I heard a soft knock on the door followed by Paula walking in.

"What do you want?" I said coldly.

I had ask her to wait for my reply before walking in but she kept barging in. Just because she was my mother's age didn't mean I wouldn't fire her.

"Someone is here to see you sir, he's waiting the living room." She said.

I shooed her away with my hand telling her to get out.

Couldn't people just stay at their own homes, why did they have to bother me?

I continued to pack some folders into my briefcase taking my time.

Once certified I had everything in order, I walked to the living room ready to meet the guest.

Walking into the living room, I saw Benjamin sitting on the couch looking down at his hands. He looked distant and lost in his thoughts.

I cleared my throat bringing him out of his thoughts, he immediately stood up from the couch turning in my direction.

"How are you sir?" Benjamin asked.

If he came here to ask me how I was, he was clearly mistaken.

"What do you want?" I asked.

I placed my brief case on the floor and folded my arms.

After he quit his job I thought I'd never have to see him again.

He shook his head lightly as if his brain was having a malfunction or had finally processed what I had said.

"I'm looking for Cassie," he finally spoke.

"What for?" I asked.

Looking at my wrist watch, a few minutes had already gone by.

"The last time I left, we didn't exactly end on a good note. I over reacted, I came here to apologise." He said. I could hear the sincerity in his tone.

"I don't know where she is, I couldn't care any lees. You can get out now," I said bitterly.

Benjamin stood still for a moment staring at me shocked.

"How dare you?" Benjamin suddenly say taking me by surprise.

"Excuse me," I said, it's bad enough that I have to endure his presence but for him to speak to me like that is another thing.