Bad Mornings and Game Plans

"She looks good in the morning
And she don't even know it"
  ~Martin Garrix, Macklemore & Patrick Stump, Summer Days

"Maya, Maya." A distant voice calls my name.

"Maya, wake up."

Wake up?

My eyelids start to flutter open and I'm met by the image of someone standing over me. Brown curly hair, a sweet smile and blue-grey eyes.

Well, that's a lovely sight.

"Maya." The person calls again and this time my eyes fully open.

"Mason?"

"Hey." He says softly and I promptly sit up.

My eyes move around, taking in the unfamiliar room.

"Your alarm was ringing." Mason shakes my phone in the air. "I thought you might want to wake up. You know, start your day according to your schedule."

What?

"Maya?" He calls my name when I don't reply to any of his words.

Why am I here? In this room? What happened? How am I waking up in the same room as Mason Wilder?

I look around at my surroundings before looking down at myself. My eyes widen and I almost scream when I notice the black t-shirt I'm wearing. I notice the pile of clothes in the corner of my eye and memories of last night begin to come back.

"What happened?" I turn to Mason and gulp nervously.

"Nothing happened between us." He immediately defends himself and I slap him on his arm.

"No, silly, I mean at Lucy's."

Of course nothing happened between us.

"You don't remember anything?"

"No, I do. I'm just not sure I remember everything and I don't want to find out that I did something stupid."

"Well you thought some guy was Cole Sprouse and you got down on one knee and proposed your love to him."

I look at Mason's serious expression and my eyes widen.

I couldn't have. I mean I remember rambling to Mason about Cole Sprouse but I couldn't have done that.

I bend my knees and cover my face with my hands before resting it on them.

"Oh, no." I groan. "Oh no, oh no." I rock myself back and forth.

I hear Mason chuckle and look up.

"I'm kidding." He continues to chuckle and I grab a pillow and hit him with it.

I get off the bed and gasp as soon as my feet touch the floor.

This t-shirt! This room! I have to get out of here.

I quickly sit back down on the bed and cover my legs with the black comforter.

"I need to change." I look down and say.

"Well, go to the bathroom."

I look up at Mason and blink rapidly with confusion. I'm not getting up and walking across the room to the bathroom this way.

He looks at me expectantly and clearly clueless.

"Get out." I say the order in such a soft manner that I wouldn't blame him if he didn't comply.

His mouth forms an "o" shape and he nods as he gets off the bed. I wait until the door closes behind him before grabbing my clothes and rushing into the bathroom.