"What's the Point" Chp 3

"Your parents have been murdered."

W-what? He must be joking. Why would he lie about somthing like that?

"Your joking right?" I answer quietly while tears start to fill my eyes.

"I'm sorry Uraraka, but I'm not."

So it's true, they are gone. The most important thing in the world has been taken away from me. I was already stressed with school and now this!? Does it ever get better, I'm supposed to be a hero but I can't even save my own parents let alone random people on the street.

Tears start running down my cheeks as I grip the arm of the chair harder.

Why? Why me. I didn't do anything!

"We do not know who the murderer is but we have reasons to believe it was the LOV" principal nezu says in a caring tone.

Does he even care!? My dream, the whole reason I'm alive has been taken away. Taken away so fast, so fast...

I let out a small choke as my heart crumbles to pieces. Why didn't they just take me!? Not my parents, that's not fair!

I couldn't take the silence anymore so I ran out of the room with my puffy red eyes and tears still running down my face. I hear principal nezu tell me to come back but I just couldn't. I didn't know how to feel. Half of my heart was angry while the other half was broken.

I kept running. I wasn't going anywhere in particular. I was just getting out. Trying to get out the terrible thoughts in my head.

I come to a tall tree behind a small building. It appeared empty so I climbed to a branch I could sit on. Pulling my knees to my chest and laying my head on top.

This is my fault isn't it? They were murdered because of me. Because I wasn't there to save them! How can I live with myself for that. How could I call myself a hero. Why didn't they just take me? Why..

"Can I sit here?" I hear a familiar voice say. I look over to see the one and only Deku. If it were anyone else I would have ran away but Deku has a special place in my heart.

I nod but when realising I probably look like a mess I rest my head on arms again.

"I'm guessing the talk with principal Nezu didn't go too well?" He says while putting his hand on my shoulder for confort.

"They are gone, Dead. My parents are-" I want to finish my sentence but the tears interumpt me. I put my hands over my face to cover my tears. Deku raps his arm around me and pulls me close to his chest.

I lay my forehead in the crook of his neck as I cry. I tried not to get his shoulder wet with tears but I couldn't help it.

We sit like this for about 5 minutes

We sit like this for about 5 minutes. Deku then pulls away and puts his hand on my cheek wiping the tears with his thumb. I normally would have been a blushing mess bit I didn't have time for love. All my thoughts were covered by sadness.

"We should get back to the dorms so no one gets worried." He says is a very quiet tone. The way he said it soothed me and made me feel safe.

I nod before we both jump off the tree limb to make our way home.

As we walk home in silence I take a glimpse at Deku and see his face was full of worry. He then looks down at me and we make eye contact.

"Thanks for everything Deku. You really helped me back there." I say still staring into his eyes.

"Anything you need Uraraka, I'm here for you!" He answers while smiling.

"Ochako"

"Huh?"

"Call me Ochako"

Hey guys thanks for reading my fanfic!

Word count: 657