Epilogue pt. 3

❛❛From the day the universe was formed,
Past infinite worlds,
Probably in our past life and in our next lives,
We'll be together forever.❜❜

- DNA

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"Jungkook," she called him, even though she knew he wouldn't reply. "I finally succeeded in getting your mother to have dinner and go to sleep. You need to eat something as well. You haven't eaten properly since, like, three days."

"Has Hyung eaten?"

"Junghyun? Yes, I forced him to. And don't you dare say to me that you're not hungry because-"

"Have you?" He asked, stopping her as if she hadn't even been talking.

She looked away hesitantly.

"Go and eat something." Jungkook got up and proceeded to walk out of the room.

Just when he was at the door, Jihye said in one breath, "I can't do this much longer, you know. I understand you're trying to remain strong for everyone but I need some rest, too. I'm tired of not having a chance to cry properly."

He stopped dead in his tracks, considering whether he should leave or not. He hadn't shed a single tear since his father died. Could he really let this be the first time?

"You're running away again," Jihye sighed. "Just can't be honest with yourself, can you?"

Jungkook finally turned around, giving up on trying to hold himself back. Once in what was a very long time, there were tears in his eyes. They glistened and made Jihye's glisten too.

"You're the one who taught me it's okay not to pretend you're fine when you're not," she said, walking up to him. "Please don't do that in front of me now."

She walked closer to him. "Say something, Jungkook."

''Just admit that you're hurt. Don't leave me with the silence," she requested. "Please."

They remained like that for a while, until he suddenly threw his arms around her waist. "I am hurt, Jihye." She felt her shoulder getting wet with his tears.

"I'm so hurt." His voice was so small, so broken. "All of a sudden, I'm so lonely."

"I know." She felt her own tears escaping, too. "You can never hide it from me."

His shoulders were slightly shaking as he let everything out. "So, don't try to," she whispered, placing her hand on the back of his neck.

There were no sobs, no sniffs. Everything was so silent, and yet so meaningful.

After some time, his shoulders stopped shaking and she wiped his tear stained cheek with her bare hands. "I promised him I'd take care of you for eternity. Let me keep my promise."

Jungkook held her close. Jihye ran her hand through his hair. "Fine, I'll have dinner," she smiled at his statement. "But only if you do so, with me."

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

After dinner, Jihye and Jungkook decided to watch the stars since none would be able to sleep soundly. She rested her head on his shoulder. "I think I now understand why you love star gazing so much," Jungkook said quietly, as he stared at the night sky.

"It brings peace to your mind," he finished.

"Hey, Jihye?" He suddenly asked after a few minutes of silence. "Yes?"

"Will you sing me a song?" His sudden request was a pleasant surprise to her. After graduating from college, she entered a music agency to build her career.

Now, Jihye was quite a popular singer-song writer. She regularly featured on music shows and produced other artists' songs, especially those that were new to the industry.

Amidst both of their busy schedules, the days where they used to sing together or sing one another to sleep had slowly disappeared. "Your voice calms me."

Jihye felt blood rushing to her cheeks. "Wow, I have such a cheesy boyfriend."

"Fiancé," he corrected her and removed his arm from the loop created by hers. "I've been carrying this around for long," he took out a simple yet elegant ring. "It's time I relieved myself of the load."

The ring shined like one of those stars in the sky, only way too brighter to Jihye, as he placed it on her ring finger. She looked up to meet his eyes and pressed his lips against his in a passionate kiss.

"And to think we were forced into all of this," Jihye chuckled as they broke apart.

"Well," Jungkook said, grinning.

"If it's you, I'll feel glad to be forced. A million times if needed."

- The end -

━━━━━━━

Hey, there.

Yay, I finished my second story!

When I first started to write this one, I had no idea how it'd turn out. I only had a very vague outline of the plot in my mind. Everything else just came up on the way.

It took me longer to finish 'Forced' than my previous book, but if you have stuck with my shitty writing till the end, then you deserve all the love in the world. I hope it was worth your time.

Now that I'm finished with this book, I'll continue with my other ones. Please spare a moment to check them out if you can; I'd be grateful for it.

Share this story with other readers out there if you think it's worth the read. I'm still trying to improve myself everyday.

Update: feel free to leave any ideas for extras (bonus chapters/behind the scenes) if you want to! I'll make sure to take them into consideration.

Best wishes,
Ara.

━━━━━━━━