Ch. 11 - Party Time, Bitches

WHY IS CHEMISTRY SO HARD? I slammed my pencil on my desk, sighing

It was Saturday, and I started to study for my chemistry test after Thanksgiving. I know it's early, but I want to study a little bit today then some tomorrow and so on.

"Damon is having a party tonight. You going?" I heard Nick say in the hallway.

"I don't know. I'm pretty tired from last night," Gaberial said.

They passed my room, and I heard my phone buzzed.

The Gurls 👑

M - Yall going to the party??

A - I'm in.

N - Fine.

M - Campbell???

I thought about it. I really don't like parties, but it sounds more fun than studying chemistry a.k.a hell.

C - I'll go.

M - Awesome. Be @ your house at 6

Standing up, I placed my phone in the desk, and I walked out my room. I walked downstairs to see Lisa watching a cooking show.

I sat on the brown leather couch, the texture was really smooth like silk. Lisa smiled when she saw me sit down.

"Whatcha up too?" She asked, pausing her show.

"Nothing much. You?"

"Well, I have a meeting tomorrow on this case I'm working on, and that's always fun," she said with sarcasm.

"I'm sorry," I told her, and she waved it off.

"It's not your fault. So, are you going to that party tonight?" She asked, and I gasped.

"How did you...what....how?" I asked.

"For starters, I heard the boys, and second I'm a mother, I always know," she said.

"Can I go?" I wanted to get her permission before going off partying.

"Of course, but no drinks or drugs. You also have to be back at midnight," she told me, and I nodded.

"Thank you," I thanked her.

"Anytime. If you get cold feet during the party, just call me and I'll come get you."

"I will."

The doorbell rung, and Lisa got up. She walked to the door, and swing it opened to reveal Brent.

"Brent, how many times have I told you that you don't need to ring the doorbell?" Lisa asked.

"Sorry, Mrs. C, I keep forgetting. Is Campbell here?" He asked, and Lisa nodded.