The Pieces in Place

"Ji. Hey, Ji. Jiyoung... Choi Jiyoung! Hello? Are you there?"
Although your vision was blurred, you sensed something in front of you, waving in your face.
"Ugh, are you okay?"
The silhouette had formed a clearer outline, and you could now tell it was a person. In fact, it was your friend, Somi. She was leaning over you, in a bright pink crop top and ripped jeans, layered over black leggings. Her long, bleached hair was tickling your face and her giant hoop earrings swayed and sparkled as it caught the gleam of the dim light source overhead.
"Sorry guys, Jiyoung's, like, really drunk", she apologized towards a table full of people, before grabbing you by the arm and pulling you out of the crowded booth.
"God, Ji. Your alcohol tolerance is literally so bad", she complained, folding her arms in front of her chest. "I can't believe I thought inviting you was a good idea".
You stumbled a bit, and Somi tugged on your arm to keep you from falling. Your head was throbbing, the walls looked like they were merging together, the glowing booths seemed to extend ad infinitum into an endless hallway, and the strong smell of grilling KBBQ was starting to overwhelm your senses.
She sighed loudly. "You know what? There's a restroom here. Just go through that hallway, take a right, and go to the back of the store".
You groaned silently and leaned against a wall, expecting her to guide you. However, she turned around to head back to the table. "Sorry, Ji. There's this really, really, really, really cute dude from S University, and I think I actually have a chance this time! Please forgive me!" She bowed her head a little, giggled, and disappeared back into the booth. You could hear cheering behind you, but your focus at the moment, besides being mad at Somi, was on getting to a more secluded location.
Traversing through the long and dark hallway in platform high heels while being half drunk and trying not to vomit was one of the most excruciating experiences you'd ever faced in your life. But you finally made it to the restroom.
A single electric bulb on the ceiling buzzed lifelessly. The side of your head was still aching, but you took a moment to check on your current situation. Your shoulder length, black hair was tangled and frizzy, and you brushed your fingers through it irritatedly, to no avail. Your makeup, or whatever was left of it, was a complete disaster, and the terrible lighting was definitely not helping. The mascara on your right eye was smeared all the way down to your cheek. Embarrassed, you adjusted your black tank top and yanked your ripped, jean shorts down a little. You'd always admired Somi for having the confidence to pull off a revealing outfit, but insecurity hit you like a truck at that moment. This entire day had been a complete disaster, and the mixer had just gone to make it worse.
"At least it's over now", you whispered, to no one in particular but yourself. Your head was starting to feel a little better after reaching a quieter environment, and you pulled your phone out of your pocket.
"Oh God, it's half past eleven already. I need to head back". You paused for a moment, and considered texting Somi.
Nah, she ditched me for those "hot dudes" back at the mixer...
Letting your frustration and pettiness get the better of you, you put your phone back and decided to return to the apartment yourself. It was at the most ten minutes away, which you recalled from your walk with Somi over to the restaurant during the afternoon. The district around the restaurant was a bit shady, though. Still, you figured that if you walked fast enough, everything would be fine. Shaking the worries about gangs and criminals looming in the back of your head away, you resolved to venture into the darkness.
The pavement was dented and uneven, illuminated only by the occasional, worn down orange streetlight. Almost every few feet, you felt your heel sink into a hole or gash in the ground.
Crap. Someone really needs to fix this place... You thought, trying to keep a calm countenance.
Taking another step forward, you felt something splash beneath you.
"Ahh! Gosh!" You staggered back instinctively, before realizing it was probably just a puddle.

"Hey, I think I hear a girl back there. Perfect". You heard a deep murmur. Then many more, piling together like some sort of cult chant.

A wall of shadowy figures clogged up the end of the alleyway. You sensed the hair on your arms spike up, and a cold, icy wave of sweat run down your back. The restaurant was a good five minutes back, and you highly doubted you could run all the way back in heels. Backing away, you started fumbling for your phone, but even more shadowy figures filled in the alleyway behind you. The area was completely surrounded. Your throat started tightening, and you felt your breathing become sharp and irregular. Then out of seemingly nowhere, one of the dark figures grabbed you and pushed you roughly against the dusty, brick wall of a building, prying the phone out of your hands. Panicked and not knowing what to do, you stomped your high heel into his general direction, attempting to create some sort of diversion to escape. He grabbed your hair and slammed you into the ground. A few flecks of wet, bloody asphalt fell into your mouth as your head hit the cement. It was bitter and cold. More shadowy figures were approaching now, holding vaguely weapon-like shaped, pressing you to the floor as you writhed around. Wide eyed and gasping for breath, you still managed to push out: "Help me! Someone! PLEASE!", before a leathery glove pushed itself over your mouth.