Epilogue: Three Months Later

"Okay, let's practice." Noah said. He was dressed in a white long-sleeved button down, tucked into khaki pants and a dark blue tie. Sadie grumbled to herself, shivering slightly in her white and gold dress.

"This is stupid. I'll be fine." She muttered.

"Last time you talked to Marci, you punched her in the face." Noah reminded. Sadie rolled her eyes. "And Mr. Larkin said one more fight, and you're not allowed to walk at graduation." He added. "Here, I'll pretend to be Marci."

Sadie put her hands on her hips. "Fine." She muttered.

Noah cleared his throat and pretended to flip his hair. Sadie pressed her lips together to keep from smiling. "Hi Sadie." He said, his voice reaching a girlish and high octave.

Sadie uncrossed her arms. "Hi Marci," she said stiffly.

"What are you doing here?" Noah continued, wrinkling his nose.

Sadie gritted her teeth. "I'm Noah's date."

"And you're wearing that?" He asked, pointing to her dress. Sadie looked down at her newly purchased dress and frowned.

"What's wrong with this?" She asked worriedly.

"It's so last season," Noah continued.

Sadie fumed. "Okay, you're last season, you-"

"Alright, let's bring it back, bring it back," Noah said, his voice returning to normal. He held up his hands and took a step backwards, eyeing Sadie's expression.

Sadie took a deep breath and shook out her hands. "Okay, enough practice, let's go," she said, putting her hand on the doorknob. Noah put his arm out to stop her.

"You have given me zero confidence in your ability to be civil," he said. Sadie stomped her foot.

"If you don't trust me, why did you invite me?" She cried, frustrated. Noah crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. Sadie narrowed her eyes.

"Okay, answer three questions and then we'll go inside." Noah said finally.

"It's freezing-"

"If Marci says something rude, what are you going to do?" He interrupted.

Sadie's shoulders slumped. "Kill her," she said.

Noah waited for her to continue. She didn't. Groaning, he motioned for her to go on. "With...?"

Sadie pretended to think. "Ohh, with kindness. Right." She said. Noah pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Are we done?"

"If she spills anything on you, accidentally-" Sadie gave him a look, "or on purpose, what are you going to do?" He asked.

"I'm going to smile politely and go to the bathroom to wash off what I can." She answered through gritted teeth. "You do realize how absolutely terrible that is-"

"And if she tries to flirt with me, or act like she could ever get between us, you're going to..." Noah waited for her response. Sadie's eye twitched and she pressed her lips together, clenching her fists as she glared at Noah.

"I am going to walk away, because even though that is a total bitch move, you have no interest in her and I have nothing to worry about." She recited. Noah nodded, satisfied. Sadie let out a breath and turned toward the door.

"Hey," Noah stopped her once more. Sadie turned and met his gaze. "I know this sucks and this is unfair, but she's just not worth it. If graduation wasn't a risk, I'd tell you to let her have it; but you need to get out of school, Sadie, and it's not going to happen if you get in another fight. It's best to just avoid conflict altogether. Besides, if she sees that what she says and does doesn't bother you anymore, she'll leave you alone."