two.

GG From the Block
"Girl you going to Demarcus party tonight" my girl Monica asked ask she filing her nails. "I don't know yet, who going."

"Latrell and his lil clique gon' be there, um a whole bunch of other people" she said. It was the first day of summer and let me tell you, it was hot. I wasn't in the mood of doing anything in this heat, day or night.

"Where it gon' be at" I asked, "it gon' be at the basketball court on 53rd" she said. " Damn all those people in a gated basketball court, I don't know anything can happen."

"But it'll be fun" she whined stressing the 'n' in fun. "Right we'll see, I'll call you later" I said getting off the stoop, "anyways, I'll see you and call me when you make up your mind."

Walking down the block, I get greetings from mostly everyone. "Hey GG, Gia what's happenen, GG why you ain't call me back."

That's the thing I like about this block, everyone knows everyone. As I keep walking I greet the kids playing hopscotch and jump rope in the street.

"Hey Gia, you wanna play with us" one of the girls asked, "naw I got to get home, but maybe tomorrow" I said.

My phone started ringing and I noticed it was my sister Mariana calling. 'Maybe she gonna ask about the party tonight' I thought. "Hello", "hey girl what you doing"

"Walking home, what about you" I asked, "oh, nothing much I'm just getting my nails done, I just wanted to know if you was going to Latrell's lil get together tonight."

"Get together? Mari he's having it on basketball court late at night, you and me both know that's not a get together" I said laughing, "yeah, yeah but it'll be fun you should come"

"Yeah me and Monica was actually talking about it earlier-"

"Boo!"

"Ahh!" I yelled dropping my phone, "oh my God Cordell!" I exclaimed hitting him in the chest. I picked up my phone to see if it was cracked, luckily it wasn't.

"Gia, Gia are you okay" I heard Mariana yell through the phone. "Yeah I'm good, Cordell dumb ass just popped up like usual." I said

"Man why you gotta be like that" he said sucking his teeth. "What do you want Cordell" I said in an annoyed tone.

"I just wanted to say hi", I looked at him with an 'are you foreal' look on my face. "Really", "haha, naw you already know the deal, it's either you pay up, or get laced up!" He said towering.

"All I got is a dollar" I said pulling it out of my back pocket. He just looked at the dollar and gave me the 'are you foreal' look back.

"I'm serious, it's all I got on me right now. So are you gonna take it or naw." He looked at the dollar and then snatched it out of my hand. "You lucky I'm in a good mood today, or else I'd rock yo shit." He said going back to his stoop.

'This kid' I thought, "GG, GIRL are you still there" Mariana said. "Oh my bad, I just got caught up with Cordell's foolishness", "girl why you keep going down that block anyway"

"It's a daily routine" I said. Just a daily routine in my neighborhood.

Why hello there
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Make sure to Comment/Vote
And remember to leave
Some feedback. ❤️