one.

Gia Westbrook
"Why Gia, your SAT scores are phenomenal, record clean, and a 3.5 gpa. You are what we call an extravagant student."

"Thank you" I said messing with my friend fingers. At this very moment I am about to be accepted into my dream school, this has been something I never knew would be possible.

"Now before we get into actual acceptance conversations, off all the schools in the in the country,why choose this one?"

That question bounced around my head as I thought about it. Was it the high elevated art programs they had here, was it the graduation rate?

"The diversity of the students that go here amazed me. Where I'm from going to a college like this or even going to a college at all is rare. When I saw population at this school I realized I have an opportunity here. For once in my life I feel like I have an opportunity to turn nothing into something."

The dean sat there taking in my words. "That is very touching, and Ms. Westbrook I guarantee you will obtain many opportunities here"

"Are you saying I'm in" I asked with excitement. "Congratulations" the dean said sticking out his hand for a handshake.

I returned the gesture and shook his hand, "thank you so much" I said. "No thank you, your story has taught me so much today"

'You and me both' I thought to myself. My story way deeper than that. Way deeper.....

Why hello there
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Make sure to Comment/Vote
And remember to leave
Some feedback. ❤️