Chapter 79 - Part II: Ash's POV

Playlist for this chapter:

James Blunt ~ Goodbye My Lover

Coldplay ~ The Scientist

One Direction ~ Love You Goodbye

Ed Sheeran ~ Give Me Love

Snakehips x Mø ~ Don't Leave

"Ashton!"

"Ash! Fuck! Man, get up!"

"Get the fuck up. It's time, bro. Let's go, Al is downstairs and dad's asking for you"

I open my eyes and immediately realise that I must have fallen asleep right here on the floor. I was so angry, so upset; it was just all too many feelings at once, I had to calm myself down or I would've ruined dad's night.

"What's the time?" I ask groggily, standing to my feet.

"It's past midnight. Where's Kaia?" Axel asks curiously, looking around the empty room.

"She left. I don't wanna talk about it. Let's go" I brush off his question by walking out the door.

As I walk briskly down the stairs, my mind drifts back to Kaia. She must hate me right now. I just know it. On top of that I don't know how she got home. Maybe dad saw her leave, I'll have to ask him later.

"Oh! It's nice that the brothers are joining us. Come, sit" Al Ramirez cheerfully calls out as he sees us enter the main room.

He was seated beside his slutty daughter, Alexis; who bit her lip soon as she saw me. I swear she needs to get a life. She's fucking crazy, this bitch.

Ax sat beside dad on the couch and I grabbed the chair beside them, glaring at Alexis. I hope she can sense how much I fucking hate her guts. It's taking everything in me not to stand up and strangle the living daylights out of her. Fuck!

"Okay. Now that we're all here. You say you have my money?" Al speaks up, eyeing dad.

"As promised. I do" dad says, gesturing for one of his boys to bring in the briefcase.

I recognise this guy as the stiff one that came by my room. He sets the briefcase on the table infront of us. Dad opens it up and turns it to face Al before leaning back again.

"You're a man of your word, Mr. Parker. I'm impressed" Al says with a smirk while scanning though the briefcase.

"You can count it if you like, but I assure you it's all there" Dad says, gesturing to the briefcase.

"No, no" Al cuts in, closing the briefcase. "There's no need. I trust you."

"Good" dad says, standing up and straightening his suit. Al stands up as well with the briefcase already in his hand.

"We'll be on our way now" he says, holding his hand out for dad to shake. Dad gives it a firm shake then walks Al to the door.

"I'll see you later, sweetie" Alexis hisses as she slowly stands up from her seat. I roll my eyes at her and walk out of the room, uninterested.

"You know, you're lucky you were able to pay up on time" she says, following me.

I turn around to take a good look at her. I'm not in the best mood right now and she's pushing my buttons.