E P I L O G U E

. . .

   THREE YEARS LATER:

"Really? You're not gonna help me?" Iris tried to drag along her giant suitcase across the gravel, but due to her skinny arms, it didn't make it easy on her.

Dante ran toward the car and picked up the suitcase's handle. "Sorry. Ya just have a lot of stuff." His eyes went wide for a dramatic effect. He had already placed many boxes, suitcases, and stand-alone items that he had to say something. They laughed, knowing it was only a joke.

"Well, now that I'm staying here, I'd much rather have everything I own." Iris smiled, showing her teeth, and squinting her eyes.

"Of course," he said, "it's better than starting over." Dante snuck a wink to her as he walked away with the luggage.

Iris shook her head, rolled her eyes, and grabbed the last bit of what she had which was a pink duffle bag. She slung the strap over her shoulder, shut the trunk of the car, and waddled inside Dante's mansion.

Their mansion.

Once inside, one of the butlers shut the door behind her and she met Dante in the middle of the foyer. "So . . . what now?" she asked, dumping the duffle bag on the floor.

"I say we take a small break for now." Dante's smile gave her an evil vibe, but she knew what he meant by "break."

Iris smiled with him. "I guess I could take a break with my new husband. I definitely don't have any plans."

"Are you sure?" He chuckled. "Because I do know that you're meeting Abriana later."

"I'm not meeting my publisher until three!" Iris stared at him with her mouth open. She pulled out her phone from her jeans pocket and checked the time. "It's only ten!"

He laughed. "I'm only kidding!"

"Sure . . ." she said, laughing with him. She walked toward him and he took her by the hand, twirled her around, and pulled her into his chest.

They stared into each other's eyes. As she stared into his eyes, it was like looking through time; all that they were before, had been and would become. She knew that this was the best start to a new life, a new adventure.

"I love you," she said, still smiling.

With eyes closed, Dante leaned in and kissed her. When he pulled away, he said, "I love you, too."