Chapter 11

Raine started crying, something I wanted to do too, right now.

I, never in my life, knew that my father or my mother had a brother or a sister. I had always thought that they were 'the only child', but I could guess now that one of them wasn't.

I sighed and got up to check Raine, taking out a multipurpose diaper and changing her soiled one.

Oh god! Slug 2 was right, the poop really stank.

After Terrence and I had put Raine and Ryan to bed, crib to be exact, Terrence went to his room and came back, already changed into his pyjama bottoms. He handed me a T-shirt and I raised a brow at him, at the lack of any pyjama bottoms for me, before heading to the en suite for a shower.

"Are you serious?" I asked him once we both were lying on the bed, side by side.

"Of course I am. I know, having that bitch as your cousin is probably the worst thing that could come to you mind now. But, well, this is what I found out," He said, matter-of-factly, "...from your—not yours, your grandparent's neighbours."

"But how can she be my cousin? My parents didn't have siblings!"

Terrence looked at me sympathetically for a moment, and said, "Apparently, Alyssa, your father did have an elder brother." He scrunched up his nose adorably, "Well, let's just say that Larissa inherited her selfish and bitchy nature from her parents. Her father, your uncle, had been, kind of, kicked out of the house when he nearly tried to kill your grandfather for his inheritance or something. Your dad was very young then, probably a teenager. Since that day, no one talks about him and his family. So probably that is the reason why you never heard about him."

Oh boy, that's some real family drama right there. But how could my uncle try to kill his own father! That was too much, even for Larissa.

So fucking horrible!

"I don't know what to say," I mumbled after a long silence lingered in the room and turned to snuggle in Terrence's chest.

"I know, Alyssa." I heard him say, as his chest rumbled with every word. "I think you should sleep on it. It might take you time getting used to...all of this."

And that's how I slept for eight full hours, without any interruption, to find myself waking up in Terrence's arms, clad in only his T-shirt and my panties, cuddled close to his bare chest, and smelling in his terrible morning breath.

I smiled to myself and let out a dreamy sigh. I could get used to this, easily, but no, not his morning breath part.

I wasn't used to my own morning breath by now.

Terrence was still snoring, and a small sneaky smile broke onto my face. I pinched his mouth to close his lips that were parted. I remembered my mother this to me, and then she had snapped a picture of me like that, face red and puffed up. I waited for sometime and giggled when finally his nostrils flared and his cheeks puffed up, his whole face looking suffocated. His whole face reddened and he woke up, snorting weirdly.

"A nice way to kill me in my sleep, Alyssa." He groaned, his voice deep.

My, why does he have such a hot morning voice?

"I wasn't killing you. That's what my mother did whenever she found me snoring like that." I chuckled.

He gave me a blank look and then groaned again, flopping down on the bed. "Tell me one thing, Alyssa."

"Yes?" I asked, turning and lied down right on him. His chest was so comfortable, well, everything was so comfortable, all the hard planes pressing into my soft ones as he grabbed my waist and shifted me into a more comfortable position.