Ch. XI

{ Ari's P.O.V. }

I can’t even begin to tell you how long I have been in this room. Sitting in the corner, with the only sound I could hear was the blood rushing through my veins. It was driving me insane, making me tear at my arms and rocked back and forth in the small room. My oiled hair falling over my dirty face. I’ve tried to figure out the time by the meals they would slip through the slot. Trying to keep my mind sane, but after the third day, it became more challenging. The meals started to come in my mind at different random times, which I knew they were doing on purpose. Trying to make me confused.

I didn’t even know what the food was. The taste was bad, so I hardly ate anything.

The hunger cramps started to grow badly, like my inside were decaying as the times went by. My mouth was so dry. I tried to draw up as much spit as I could to moisten my mouth up, but nothing worked. 

Even sleep was hard. Laying on the padded floor and balled up, trying to sleep but only stuck with the sounds of your thoughts. Taunting you. Strangling you. Telling you to end your life.

Was this what Rachel had to put up with?

Was this how Rachel’s last moments were?

Having ‘George’ taunting her so much to kill herself that she finally did so? Feeling so alone. Screaming in the darkness and begging for someone to come help, but your voice only to be lost. 

The sound of the door opening made me quickly look up, seeing the light penetrating through the darkness, making my eyes burn. I quickly looked away, closing my eyes and heard a people entering. I looked up, wincing and trying to get my eyes adjusted to the burning light. 

“Ari?” I hear, squinting and finally seeing the dark silhouette in front of me, with three more behind it. I then recognized the figure, seeing Miss. Pierce standing there in a all red suit with a white blouse that really stood out in the darkness. “How are you feeling?”

I didn’t say anything. I just looked down at my hands, finally able to see the dried bloodstains under my nails and in random places on my body. But my arms...torn up severely from me clawing at them. 

“I guess we better get her cleaned up.” I heard a male voice. Feeling some hands on me and helped me up, but I didn’t fight back. I just let them put a dark gray robe around me and let them walk me out. I didn’t say a word, just looked down at my dirty feet, letting them walk me through the cell doors and into another room. The men waited outside as the women helped me get cleaned up, and wrapped my arms up. The nurse stood behind me and braided my hair back. 

“Did you think about what you have done?” Miss. Pierce asked as she handed me the clothes. 

I said nothing.

I just slipped the fresh clean clothes on, which felt so much heavier on me. 

“We should give her her medication.” I heard the nurse say. 

I quickly looked at her, moving to pull away. “N-No.” I say with a cracking voice. 

“It’s okay, hon.” The woman went over to a table and took out a small plastic cup that had two tiny pills and a another medium cup with water. “Here you go.”

“NO!” I screamed, smacking the cup of pills from her. 

“Don’t fight it, Ari.” Miss. Pierce insisted.

The nurse tried to get the pills into my mouth, but I continued to fight back, the nurse spilling the water on me. The men coming in. One stood behind me and pulled my arms back behind me and the other helped open my mouth as the nurse popped the pills in and then dumped water into my mouth. The man holding my jaw closed my mouth, trying to get me to swallow it but I refused. So the man held my nose closed, and I tried to hold my breath the best I could until I finally couldn’t breath, and gulped the pills and water down and opened my mouth, coughing.