Episode 18: i hate it when you see me cry

Amy was cleaning her apartment, she needed something to distract her from thinking.
She was organizing her magazines and books, and dusting the shelves.
She just wanted to put the books back in the shelf, until she heard someone knocking at her door.
She stood up and left the books where they were. She walked to her door and opened it without checking who it was.

"Hi." Ben said.
"Ben?" Amy looked wondered. She hasn't seen Ben in a while and he looked kinda different.
"May i come in?" Ben asked.
Amy made a sign that he could enter.
Ben looked around.
"I can see that your organizing your books?" He asked, while he pointed to books that were lying on the floor.

Amy nodded. "Yes, i'm doing that, and i'm cleaning the apartment, since i just got back."
Ben looked curious. "You just got back?" He asked. "O, i haven't noticed." He said, not certain.
Amy nodded. "Yes, everything's a little crazy right now so i decided to come back."
"Crazy, how?" Ben asked.
Amy looked down. "Nothing. It's nothing."
Ben put his hand on Amy's shoulder, he tried to comfort her. Since he saw that Amy's look turned around. It looked like she could cry a river.

Amy walked to the living room, she sat down on the couch. Ben followed her into the room and sat right next to her.

He thought that Amy's apartment looked so cosy, but it was filled with a lot of sadness.

"Look, Amy." He sighed. "I came here because i know about you and Ricky."
Amy looked wondered. "you do?"
Ben nodded. "He told me." He said.
Amy looked confused. "Wait, what? When did he tell you i'm pregnant?" She asked.
Ben's look turned around. His sorrowful look changed. "Your what?" He asked, not sure if he heard it right.
"I'm pregnant." Amy said. "That's what you meant right?
Ben shook his head and stood up. He was standing in front of Amy, he looked angry. "I meant, that Ricky told me you two had sex when you returned home from New York. But... But... Your pregnant? What?"
Amy didn't know what else to say. She already felt bad enough, and she already faced her parents and Ricky, and now Ben? She didn't feel like explaining anymore.
She looked into Ben's eyes.
"Things happen." She said, sincere.
"Things happen?!" Ben shouted.
"How can you have sex with him, Amy? You knew that i was fighting for you, and trying to be with you. But you just went back to him, to have an adventure?"
Amy stood up and faced Ben.
"I thought you knew i had sex with him, so why is it such a big deal for you? And i already told you, that you and me would never happen again! You knew that! I just made this mistake with Ricky. You have nothing to do with it!" She shouted back.

Ben brushed his hand through his hair, he looked furious. He felt like he got crushed. He felt like a car drove over him. He knew about Amy and Ricky's one-night-stand they had after New York, but he hoped that it was a lie that Ricky made up, to get back at him. But it wasn't a lie. And now Amy's pregnant by Ricky again.

Ben walked to the door, he opened it and he looked at Amy with a sad, disappointed look.
"Amy, if this is the life that you want. Having children with Ricky, and all of that crap that comes along with it, than i can't stop you, or even help you."
He sighed. "I'm gonna leave now, and i hope you will be very happy with or without him. And good luck, because that's what your gonna need. But don't make the same mistake i made." He paused. "Don't marry him just because your having his baby. Because i married Adrian for all the wrong reasons and... Amy Juergens... I don't want you to marry that guy." He said, sincere as he walked out of Amy's condo and closed the door behind him.

Amy stood there, frozen in place. A tear fell from her right eye. For the first time everything felt as real as it could be.
Not even a day ago she was accepting her pregnancy, or she was trying to accept it. But now, it feels like she's back to where she was.
"What?" She thought. "I just got dumped by Ben, and we were not even together."

---

John was playing with his action figures in the living room. Ricky and Clementine were sitting and cuddling each other on the couch.
Ricky's phone beeped.
He took his phone and read his text.
"Who is it?" Clementine asked.
"It's Anne. I mean, Amy's mom. She just texted me to let me know that she's halfway to New York."
Clementine seemed confused. "Why did she text you, what do you care?" She asked.
Ricky didn't know how to respond because the reason behind all of this is because Amy's pregnant.
"Anne, is Amy's mom and John's grandmother, so i have the right to know what's going on."
Clementine still seemed to be confused.
"I don't know Ricky. But i have this feeling that your lying to me. I mean, i haven't seen Amy in a while and it seems like something's going on. I can tell, because i notice every time i bring her up, you start to get really nervous. So please tell me the truth. What's going on with her?"
Ricky sighed and shook his head. "Nothing's going on. Why can't you just trust me?" He asked.
Clementine look wondered. "Because i saw you and Amy kissing each other a couple of weeks ago, and i'm still trying to process that. So i have the right to know what the hell is going on!" She shouted.
"Could you please keep your voice down and don't use that language in front of my son." He said.
"Look, Clementine. Nothing is going on. At least nothing you should be worried about!
Clementine sighed. She stood up and walked to the door, she opened it and looked at Ricky.
"If you really want to be in a relationship with me, you should start by telling me the truth. And to know the truth, you should figure out what you want first!"
Ricky looked confused and tried to stay nice. "And what do i want?" He asked.
Clementine tried to smile but it faded away. "I know you wanna be with me, but i think that another part of you wants to be with Amy."