Chapter -2 The Conversation

Avayaan sat in front of his computer, staring at Reyha's name on the screen. It had been three days since their last conversation and he was at a loss for words. He didn't know how to make up a conversation with her. Even if he did, it seemed like she didn't speak much. Avayaan sighed, wondering if he should just give up. But then an idea struck him. He could try to connect with her on Snapchat. It was a more casual platform and he could try to get to know her better without the pressure of a formal conversation.

Avayaan's heart raced with excitement at the thought of seeing Reyha's snaps. He didn't want to ask her for her Snapchat username, that would be too direct and he didn't want to come off as desperate. So, he decided to do some detective work and find it himself. He typed her name into the search bar and scrolled through various profiles until he found it. Her username was the same as her Instagram handle. Avayaan couldn't believe his luck. He quickly added her and waited for her to accept. A few minutes later, Avayaan saw a notification pop up. Reyha had accepted his request. He let out a small cheer and opened the app. He was excited to see what kind of snaps she would send so he started it first sent Reyha a few snaps to start a streak. But to his surprise, Reyha did not respond.

He waited eagerly for her snaps, hoping to continue the streak, but there was no reply. Confused and disappointed, Avyaan decided to text Reyha, asking her why she wasn't sending snaps to maintain the streak. After a few hours,

Reyha finally replied,
"Oh, I'm not used to it, and I'm terrible at maintaining it, so I don't."

Avyaan couldn't understand why Reyha wouldn't make an effort to maintain the streak. He felt a little hurt and wondered if she didn't care enough as he did . But instead of getting disappointed, he replied,

"Why don't you give it a shot, then?"

Reyha was taken aback by his response. No one had ever challenged her like that before. She had always been content with being on the sidelines, watching life pass her by. But Avyaan's words sparked something within her. She realized that she had been holding herself back from new experiences because of her fear of failure. In a spur of the moment decision.

At first, Reyha was hesitant. She had never been one to maintain streaks with her friends, but her friend Riddhi somehow convinced her to give it a try. Riddhi had been going on and on about how fun it was to have a streak with someone, and how it helped to keep her connected with her friends even when they couldn't meet in person. Reyha wasn't completely sold on the idea, but she figured she had nothing to lose by giving it a shot.

Avyaan, on the other hand, was a seasoned pro at maintaining streaks. He had been on countless streaks with friends and acquaintances, and his social life as an extrovert made it easier for him to keep up with them. When Avyaan messaged Reyha, she hesitated. She wasn't sure if she was ready to take a chance on this new form of communication. But Avyaan was persistent, and he replied with disappointment when she told him she wasn't interested.

"It's up to you,"
he texted back, leaving the decision in her hands.

Reyha sighed and reluctantly texted back,
"Uhh fine, I'll give it a try."

Avyaan chuckled at her response and replied,
"Great, our target is 100 then."

Reyha couldn't help but roll her eyes at his persistence, but she couldn't deny that his determination was endearing.

She replied with a simple "okay" and a slight smile, while Avyaan grinned on the other end of the screen.

•Few months later•

Avyaan had been drawn to Reyha, but he had never mustered the courage to reach out to her.
Yet, there was something about Reyha that made him nervous, that made him hold back. Perhaps it was her confidence, her poise, or her rebellious personality, but whatever it was, it had kept him at arm's length for months.

But on the day of their 100th day streak, something changed. Avyaan decided to take a chance and texted her a simple "happy 100". To his surprise, she replied with a heart, and this small gesture made his heart go flutter. It was as if the dam had broken, and he found himself pouring his heart out to her.

Their conversation began with Avyaan's question, "so do you remember me?" Reyha's response, "I do, I guess" was a gentle reminder that she had always been there, even if he had never mustered the courage to reach out.

Avyaan's next question, "ohh ok,

Reyha - how have you been doing?"
was met with a response that was both cryptic and intriguing.

Avyaan - "I've been fine, and just gave my CLAT today, wby?

Reyha - best of luck for your results and
I'm good.

Avyaan - so what about your future plans?

Reyha - well I just stepped into my high school and I'm planning to get into criminal psychology and criminology,"

Reyha typed.

Avyaan raised an eyebrow and texted her

"Hmm, seems like 'inside the criminal mind' has really gotten under your skin," he replied.

Reyha - "Yeah, I guess you could say that. But wait how do you know!?

Avyaan leaned in, his eyes glinting with amusement. "Just like that," he typed off

I felt a shiver run down my spine.
What did he mean? How did he know about my fascination with criminal psychology? I looked at the chatt, searching for answers, but his reply remained inscrutable.

"I want to know what you mean," I typed on the screen trying to sound firm.

Avyaan -
"Maybe I'll tell you later," he texted.

I felt a surge of frustration. Why couldn't he just tell me what he meant? But before he could say anything else,

I sighed, feeling a sense of disappointment wash over me. I guess that Avyaan is a master of secrets, and I was determined to uncover the truth. But for now, I would have to wait. And so, I settled into my seat, my mind racing with questions and theories, determined to get to the bottom of his mysterious words.

>>>>>>
Hope you liked the chapter!!
please vote and follow ✨