27

"Having the time of your life?"

"All right, you got the rope?" John B asks from the front seat while driving. I thought it was horrible to let him drive with a broken arm but no one else saw the problem so here we are.

"Got it", Pope shows the rope to us.

"Grappling hook?"

"No grappling hook. We're not batman", Pope rolls his eyes jokingly.

"Well that much was proved yesterday", JJ jokes, earning a slap to the back of his head from Kie. "It's true!"

"Shut up."

"Pulley?" John B keeps checking  the stuff we'll need, the rest of us slowly getting tired of his worrying.

"Check", Kie tells him.

"Dark clothes?"

"Yes, are you blind or something?" I snap at him jokingnly, but still secretly wishing he would stop the listing. It was making me anxious, his constant worrying.

"Flashlights?" Nope, he's not done.

"Got it", Sarah sighs, flashing the light once in the front seat to us, making Kie roll her eyes annoyed. I'm not sure how many of those eye rolls are part of the play and how much Sarah actually irritates Kie, and that's not easing my mood one bit.

"All right, good", John B nods, slowing the car down when we're arriving to the house. "We're ready."

"Let's go", Kie grins.

"Let's go get rich guys", JJ matches Kie's grin, and soon enough it has catched to all of our faces. Even I found myself grinning excited instead of biting my nails anxiously.

"Yeah, hell yeah."

"Let's go boys", Sarah grins too. I was honestly surprised at how excited she was to be here with us. Or with John B, which made a lot more sense but still. She could be in her warm, soft bed long asleep in her mansion in Figure Eight, but no. She chose to break in to the house of the scariest woman I know with people she hates, or claimed to hate few days ago.

"And girls", Kie adds, wrapping her arm around my shoulder and I grin under her arm. That did ease my anxiety a little, the fact she still liked to be around me and that we were in this together.

"Let's go", Pope said and was about to stand up from his seat when John B opened the back door, stepping in.

"Let's roll", JJ has the same intentions as Pope but instead of stopping because of John B, he goes to the door, only to be stopped by John B there.

"Wait, wait", he says, placing a hand on JJ's chest pushing him back to his seat. "I wanna say thank you guys, seriously. It means a lot to me that your here tonight."

A smile grows to my face from his words, and looking around, I can say it had the same effect on the others too. Of course we were here tonight, I'd do  anything for John B, this should be nothing. Even though my heart that has beaten way too fast compared to normal the whole time we were in the car, might give you a different impression.

"Always", Kie sighs, rolling her eyes with a smile on her lips.

"Of course man", Pope agrees too, doing the handshake with John B while a smile cathes on him too.