Prologue

Introduction

The town of Jasper Wood stays haunted by ghosts of the past. The mountains stand tall, intimidating anyone who dares to go there. The clouds remain in the sky unbothered. The wind barely shifts any tree branch out of place.

Right in the heart of the mountain, sits the beautiful Camp Jasper Wood. A summer camp for the youth of this beautiful city of North Carolina. Camp Jasper Wood open its doors in the late 1970s with hopes and dreams of becoming a tradition for the civilians that live in the small town. It promotes itself as a happy getaway. A perfect excuse for parents to have the house to themselves for six weeks out of the year. Don't want to deal with your kid for the summer? Send them to summer camp where they are forced to breathe in the fresh air. Ignore the hairs that stand up on the back of your neck. Ignore the goosebumps that raise up your arm with no cold breeze. Ignore the eerie sounds that echo through the forest. Those are the ghosts that Jasper Wood is trying to hide. The unsettling stillness itches beneath the skin and the town folk scratch away trying to find it. They whisper to each other about the unanswered questions of the past. Questions that Jasper Wood will always keep buried. No matter how deep, there is always a way to find them. You just have to be looking in the right place.