Part XXIII

ᴇʟᴇᴜᴛʜᴇʀᴏᴍᴀɴɪᴀ / ɴᴏᴜɴᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴅᴇꜱɪʀᴇ ᴏʀ ᴏʙꜱᴇꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜰʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴅᴇꜱɪʀᴇ ᴏʀ ᴏʙꜱᴇꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜰʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ.

"Why did you betray the Don?" D'Angelo's voice was low as it rumbled through the cell

Marco, who sat with his legs to his chest, leaned his head on the wall behind him. He was breathing heavily whilst closing his eyes.

Salvatore had instructed D'Angelo to monitor the traitor in hopes of limiting the time spent between Angel and her father.

However, little did Salvatore know, his plan was being challenged. D'Angelo was using his time spent in the basement, guarding Marco, to build an alliance. An alliance which would certainly cause tension if discovered.

"I didn't want to betray you guys" Marco broke the silence, sighing as he lifted his head and locked eyes with D'Angelo.

"My father..." Marco cut his sentence short before taking a deep breath.

"My father made the choice of turning to the Russians" He rasped lowly as he pressed his lips in a thin line.

His father, Leonidas Mandolini, was a powerful man. Almost on the same level as Salvatore and his second in command, D'Angelo.

Before the betrayal, the Mandolini family ruled simultaneously alongside the Armani and Rossetti families.

However, when they turned to the Russians for unknown reasons, they created great enemies within the mafia.

"And what possessed your father into betraying the Armanis?" D'Angelo inquired as he raised a brow, a dry chuckle escaped his lips as he shook his head in disbelief at the thought.

A pitiful smile played on Marco's lips, his eyes stared into an empty void ahead of him.

"My father left his reasons unknown to me. Yet i am the one to pay for his actions" Marco sighed as he shrugged his hefty shoulders.

"I'm the one that has to rot away in this maledetto cellulare" Marcos voice slightly raised as his nostrils flared.
(damn cell)

D'Angelo remained silent. His eyes softening as they observed the broken man who sat on the ground.