(𝟖) 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞

serenity's pov

"what's your name?" he asks as he looks me up and down. i don't know if i'm supposed to tell him but tahj never said anything about it.

i hesitate, "serenity, my name is serenity," i pause. "yours?"

"armani, my name is armani." he puts his hand out for me to shake.

why does that name sound so familiar? i swear i've heard it. 

"have we met before?" i ask.

his smile drops and he stammers, "n-no, i jus have one of those names." he shrugs his shoulders 

weird.

"well, i was wondering if i could get you number? i think you're so beautiful." 

well that was fast. i don't even think tahj would let me do this. wait, why am i letting him control my life? plus he's not even related to my situation. he looks like a snack to. definitely not going to miss this opportunity.

"you know what, it's 123456789." he types into his phone.

as soon as he finishes, tahj pulls up and gets out of his cars. he mugs armani as he walks up and gets behind me. 

"who is dis?" he looks armani up and down.

i roll my eyes, "this is arman-"

"my name is armani. and i was in the middle of getting this... beautiful woman's number. who are you?" he says causing tahj to get mad. i could feel him tighten his grip around my waist. 

they both look at each other straight faced. 

"you can go on somewhere, i'm her boyfriend." tahj responds.

i look up at him with a confused face. he looks back at me with a 'play along' face.

armani then looks at me confused.

why did tahj just say that? ugh, he's ruining this whole thing.

"imma catch you serenity." armani says then walks off into the distance.

i remove myself from his embrace and roll my eyes. he pops open the trunk and i walk over to jovanis door. i open it and buckle him in. i close the door and walk back towards tahj. 

as i try to grab stuff, he stops me. "mi got it."

i shrug my shoulders, drop the stuff, and get into the backseat with jovani. i refuse to be near him. he was really getting on nerves. that was beyond embarrassing.

he finishes up and closes the trunk. he opens the door, gets in, and buckles his seatbelt 

he looks looks at me through the mirror. i roll my eyes and look at jovani, who was still sleep. tahj backs out and pulls off towards his house.

"serenity, i only did it to keep you safe and you know that. ion why you acting like this." he explains to me.

is he being so serious right now?

"you ain't never said anything about not giving anybody my number." 

"i didn't think i needed to. mi thought you understood now serious this is," he comes to a stoplight and looks back at me.

" now, im sure you, mr. serial killer, know it all. what makes you think i do? i ain't never have to deal with something like this. so excuse me if i don't know the rules of being a target or whatever i'm labeled as."  i say snapping back at him.

"you know what, you're right do WHATEVER you want serenity. see where it gets you." 

he stops looking at me through the mirror and pulls off from the stoplight. after a minutes, we get back to his house. i get out first and then grab jovani. 

tahj grabs all the stuff as i walk inside. i go to my room and lay jovani down. i watch him as he snuffles around to get comfortable.

ping ping

i pull my phone out my back pocket and look at my notifications. an unknown number texted me a few minutes ago.

i really hope it's him. the number read, 456789321. i open the message.

imessage 

armani: yo it's armani. how come you gave me yo number if you had a boyfriend?

serenity: he's not my boyfriend. it's just a friend. he's just jealous ig.

armani: oh, you serious? i can take you out then?

serenity: uh well this is kinda fast, so idk

armani: i understand, i just wanted to get to know you better. 

you're just so beautiful.

serenity: i appreciate that. yk what, i would love to go onna date with you

armani: you're not gonna regret it, i promise. i can't want to see you."

read 4:25 p.m.

end imessage 

i put my phone down and get ready for a shower. i grab my towel and get in. once i finish , i get out and dry off. i walk back to my room and lotion up. i pick out some of the clothes i got today and put them on. they were really cute and comfortable.

knock knock

i sigh already knowing who it is, "what do you want?"

he opens the door, "im bouta go out, and i won't be back till late."

"okay."

he nods and closes the door back. i wait for a few moments until i hear the front door open and close.

i could invite armani now... but i don't know if that's safe.

you know what, yolo. i pick up my phone and call him. after a few rings, he picks up.

"serenity?" he asks.

"yeaa, you wanna come over now? the house is free."

"i would love that. imma be there in about an hour and a half."

i smile, "mmkay, imma send you the address."

3/6/24