Verona

After Judith had her discussion with her friends, they had to separate to resume heading to their classes.

Having to endure repetitive boring lectures, the day goes by slowly. After what seems like forever, it is finally the end of the school day.

Before going back to her dorm, Judith decided to spend some time outside alone before walking to her dorm building.

"Haaa...it's great to have some nice fresh air." Judith commented to herself once outside the school. There are a few students milling around the campus. Her eyes look around for a bench to sit down on. Once she spotted it, she casually walks towards the bench and sat down.

Judith leaned back, closed her eyes, and sighs in contentment. Her backpack is laid by her side.

It's good to relax after a whole day of classes, she thought.

She stayed in that position for a moment before she heard footsteps coming near her.

Judith didn't open her eyes until she heard someone spoke to her.

"Hello sister."

Upon hearing the familiar voice, Judith's eyes snapped open.

"Verona!" Judith exclaimed in surprise at the sight of the person who spoke.

Standing before Judith from where she sat, Verona unexpectedly appears in her view. The younger girl had her hands behind her back and gave Judith a suspicious looking smile.

Judith sat up with her back rod straight; her shoulders tensed.

"What are you doing here Verona? What do you want?" Judith asked tersely, right to the point.

Verona gave a sigh seemingly of disappointment. "Sister, you are supposed to greet me back after I said hello."

Judith rolled her eyes. "Fine, Hello Verona. There, happy? Now answer my questions." She demanded impatiently.

"Well Judith, I just happen to spot you outside and decided to come over because I was concern about you being alone out here. You look sad so I thought I should cheer you up." Verona replies innocently.

Judith scoffed. "Cheer me up? That is hard to believe. I would think you came here to rub in my face that you were able to capture Gabriel's attention in one day with no effort."

Because I got fed up with him and sped up the process of Gabriel cancelling the engagement, Judith said internally.

Verona gasped and put her hand to her chest. "What do you mean sister?! How could you say that?! I did not capture Gabriel's attention nor have I ever intend to take your fiance from you! You got it all wrong Judith!"

Judith was supposed to relax, not deal with her so called sister's white lotus act.

"Cut the crap Verona! I can see through you! I bet you were jealous when our parents were talking about my engagement during dinner weeks ago (From when Verona clenches her fork tightly). Now that Gabriel publicly broke up with me, you must be very happy! From the rumors, I heard he even took you to his dorm! What did you do with him in his room, make out with him or something?" Judith said in an accusing tone to keep the act as the original.

Although in truth, she doesn't really care. She just want to see Verona's reaction.

Verona had a look of surprise from the accusations thrown at her, but the expression quickly turns into a look seemingly of amusement.

"Oh Judith, Gabriel asked me to go with him to his dorm to patch him up after what you did. I can see that you don't need me around right now. So maybe I'll see you again another time. You must still be upset with what happened on that day at the cafeteria, which is understandable. So I will just go and leave you to yourself." She replies.

Judith raised a brow at her words. Verona didn't even defend herself from what she had said.

So she didn't even deny it, thought Judith.

Whatever.

"Okay, now go leave me alone. Your presence is unneeded. I hope I don't see you around often in school for the next two years." Said Judith rudely.

Verona frowned. "Can't you speak politely to me?"

"No. Now go. Shoot. Go be on your way and leave me alone." Judith waves her hand in a shooing motion.

Now it's Verona's turn to roll her eyes.

"Fine, I'll just be on my way. I was just being a concerned sister for you. You didn't have to talk so meanly to me." Verona turns her back on Judith and started to leave. Judith watches her go.

Verona only took a few steps before she suddenly paused and look over her shoulder.

"Oh, also thank you Judith for making things easier for me." She said cryptically before she resumes walking.

Judith have a look of astonishment when Verona said that.

Huh?

Making things easier for her? What is that supposed to mean?

Wait the hell is she talking about...

It took a few seconds until Judith finally processed those words.

When it finally clicked, Judith chuckled to herself.

"Hah! I knew it! That girl is a fake, two-faced b*tch!" She exclaims loudly. Luckily, the other students outside didn't hear her.

Judith was right that Verona is not innocent as she portrays.