Taking Matter Into One's Own Hands

Edited 13/3/24

Chapter Twelve
Taking Matters into one’s Own Hand

Mia Ahara

I cry, I feel so hopeless. Jacob has taken my children from me. A thought suddenly occur to me and my cries turned into sniffles as I think about it.

They are my children so I am going to take action.

I searched Leonardo’s drawer and found a gun and some bullets, just what I needed.

I must find Jake and only one person can help me, Michael.

The gun was tucked safely in the waist of my pants. I made sure it was not visible before making my way downstairs.

Leonardo and a few unfamiliar men were occupying the loving room with their fancy gadgets. He was so caught up in what one of the man was saying that he didn’t see me.

Hearing sound in the kitchen, I went there. Michael stood drinking coffee as if nothing happened, as if his brother didn’t snatched my children from me. His back was turned to the doorway so he didn’t see when I entered.

“Hey Michael.” I greeted, the glass almost fell from his hand due to his fright.

“God Mia you scared me.” He said

“Did I now? That’s good.” I smiled, he looked at me as if I was crazy.

“I want the address of your brother.” I told him

“Who told you that I know it?”

“You knew where to find him when you invited him here. Your brother is a fucking monster Michael and he has my kids. I will do anything to get them back, now give me the address or I’ll put a bullet through your skull.” I raged pointing the gun towards him.

Michael raised his hands in surrender and told me the address “It better be the correct address, because if it’s not you’re dead.”

“I don’t doubt that.” He said “It’s the right address.” He told taking a sip of his coffee.

Putting away the gun I went back to the living room. Everyone was still too busy to notice me. How clueless can they be Michael is right there. I sneaked and took up a car key from the table and was walking away when I heard Leonardo called my name. I froze, my heart rate increased.

“Yes.” I answered

“Are you ok?” oh God that was close.
I forced a smile and turned to face him.

“Yes I’m fine, I’m just going to get some fresh air.”

“OH ok.”

I rushed towards the door and opened it. When I got to the garage, I pressed the car key to see which car I was going to drive. It was a regular black Mustang. I got inside and quickly drove to the location that Michael gave me.

Minutes later

It was getting dark and I haven’t reach Jake’s house, I was almost there though. I sigh thinking about the times when Jake and I were so in love, what changed? Did I do something wrong? I slipped into a memory.

Jake and I were laying on our bed, his hands were caressing my six months old stomach. Jake and I were so happy when we found out that we’re going to have a baby.

“It’s a boy.” I told him

“How do you know?” Jake asked laughing

“I just do.” I told him smiling

“OK. You’re always right.” Jake said kissing my lips passionately

“I love you Jake.”

“I love you Mia.”

“Forever and always.” I promised

“Forever and always.” He promised

I dried my tears and stop the car because I had arrived at Jake’s house. It was bigger than the house that we had backing America. I got out of the car and went to the door. Once I got there I rang the doorbell making sure to have my gun out.

“Who is it?” Jacob asked from inside, I heard the lock clicked and the door opened. He froze when he saw my gun pointing at him. “Mia.”

“Jacob. Where are my children?” I asked furiously.

“My kids are inside.” He hissed

“Bring my kids to me or you’ll regret it.”
I felt something pressed against my back and then someone said “I wouldn’t make a treat like that.”

Jacob took my gun and put it in his waist. I was shoved roughly from behind.  I lost my balance and fell forward only to be caught by Jacob. My heart started beating faster due to both fear and anger.

“Control your heart love or you might have a heart attack.” Jacob chuckled. I shove him away and said “You repulse me.”

Jacob grabbed my face in his hand “It seems you have forgotten all your training.”

I pulled my face away and asked “Where are my sons?” just as I asked I saw Lee running towards me.

“Mommy, mommy, mommy. You’re here.” He cheered. I got down on one knee and hug him so tight.

“Lee where’s your brother?” I inquired

“He’s here mommy.” Lee said leading the way. We got to a big room where there were a lot of men. One of the men was holding my baby. How dare he touch my son?

“Take your filthy. Hands. Off my son!” I growled.